The Student Room Group

What Are Your Personal Experiences of Film Studies?

Hey all,
Tomorrow, I have to make my final decision regarding what subjects I want to take during college for the next 2 years of my life. Kinda scary. Until a couple of weeks ago, I was dead-set on English Literature, Modern History and Government and Politics but after taking a taster session on M. History, my mind was changed. While it was only a 3 hour lesson, I felt that the teacher lacked enthusiasm and the subject-material seemed dull and disinteresting. (It's worth noting that I excel particularly at more writing-focused topics such as English and indeed, History.)

Thusly, I am considering swapping said subject out for film studies, something I have great interest in. However, I have little-to-no experience of it, since I didn't partake in the corresponding taster session and know no one that took it themselves. I'm aware that it's not a facilitating subject and I have absolutely no clue whether, a) I can see a future job opportunity in it, or b) it'll be interesting.

So, all I need are your personal experiences from Film Studies - specifically from the WJEC exam board? Did you find it interesting and if yes, for what reasons? Was it the subject material or simply just the teacher? Have you been able to find employment opportunities because of it?

Thanks for taking the time to read - quick responses are extremely helpful!
Felix
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest