The Student Room Group

Suitable A-levels ?

Hello !
I am an aspiring to do medicine or pharmacy in the future . I am planning on studying bio chem maths(stats) and english lit . Planning on dropping maths and have it as a stand alone AS qualification. How are the subject combination ? Is it good for medicine ? Any advice

Thanks for reading too ! Any replies would be appreciated ☺️
Original post by AKDbbb
Hello !
I am an aspiring to do medicine or pharmacy in the future . I am planning on studying bio chem maths(stats) and english lit . Planning on dropping maths and have it as a stand alone AS qualification. How are the subject combination ? Is it good for medicine ? Any advice

Hey I'm going into year 12, and before choosing my subjects i called many universities that do medicine, as i wish to do it. All of them said they only require bio and chem and sometimes maths. So i think that will be totally fine. I'm doing exactly the same subjects as you but instead of English lit i am doing psychology
[QUOTE=AKDbbb;67383320]Hello !

Hey!

My girlfriend is about to start studying Pharmacy at Durham. She took Bio, Chem, Economics and English Lit AS. So to me those subjects seem like a good choice. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Freshstart123
Hey I'm going into year 12, and before choosing my subjects i called many universities that do medicine, as i wish to do it. All of them said they only require bio and chem and sometimes maths. So i think that will be totally fine. I'm doing exactly the same subjects as you but instead of English lit i am doing psychology

Thanks so much !
Reply 4
Original post by leadheadsmith
Hey!

My girlfriend is about to start studying Pharmacy at Durham. She took Bio, Chem, Economics and English Lit AS. So to me those subjects seem like a good choice. :smile:

Thank you thats so much reasuring ! Congrats to her btw ! 🎉
I think as long as you have Biology and Chemistry, you're fine! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest