The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

2017 biochemistry entry requirement

I just received my AS results in mid August.
I've heard that some of the schools didn't do the as exams in this June due to the A level reform.
But do those who didn't do the as just use their predicted grades to apply for uni?
Also, does imperial look more about your predicted grades or actual AS grades?

Because I didn't do well on AS
For real AS I got:
Maths A
Chemistry A
Biology B
Physics (still in the process of remark)

And I'm hoping for the predicted grades will be A*AA

Do any of you think there's a chance for me to get the offer from imperial?
Btw the requirement for biochemistry on he website shows AAA.

Can any 2015/2016 applicants who got the offer for biochemistry tell me their requirement for A level from the past?
Reply 1
If your AS is awful they probably won't give you the offer even if you were predicted A*A*A*. Likewise you can probably be predicted AAA with 4 As at AS and get the offer.*

There's not a lot of point asking specific questions like "What's more important?" to current students because we know no more about the decision making process than you do.*

Personally I think your first three grades are fine, so go for it.*
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by kanra
If your AS is awful they probably won't give you the offer even if you were predicted A*A*A*. Likewise you can probably be predicted AAA with 4 As at AS and get the offer.*

There's not a lot of point asking specific questions like "What's more important?" to current students because we know no more about the decision making process than you do.*

Personally I think your first three grades are fine, so go for it.*

Thanks for your advice.
But will they just look at our overall grades of AS on UCAS or it will show the UMS also??
Also is my biology okay for applying imperial. I'm afraid that they won't give me offer once they see a B for my actual biology even if my prediction is an A.
Reply 3
Original post by Doris Tai
Thanks for your advice.
But will they just look at our overall grades of AS on UCAS or it will show the UMS also??
Also is my biology okay for applying imperial. I'm afraid that they won't give me offer once they see a B for my actual biology even if my prediction is an A.

They only see what you put on UCAS, and back when I applied UCAS only asked for the grade.*

Also, bear in mind biology isn't actually mandatory for applying to this course. The two As in maths and chemistry are really good, especially chemistry since that's the course they actually ask for, so I don't think it should be a problem.
Reply 4
Original post by kanra
They only see what you put on UCAS, and back when I applied UCAS only asked for the grade.*

Also, bear in mind biology isn't actually mandatory for applying to this course. The two As in maths and chemistry are really good, especially chemistry since that's the course they actually ask for, so I don't think it should be a problem.

If I dropped my physics next year, will they look at my physics grade at AS????
Reply 5
Original post by Doris Tai
If I dropped my physics next year, will they look at my physics grade at AS????

Definitely. All AS grades are taken into account regardless of whether you're carrying on with them or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending