The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im doing an as subject in year 13, what do i enter for ucas when i apply, because i have no grade for it as i havent did the exam yet, do i state the subject and leave it blank or what. Also i might take a whole a level psychology next year in year 13 which might be externally or internally - what grade do i enter for this in ucas
Original post by joseph9299
im doing an as subject in year 13, what do i enter for ucas when i apply, because i have no grade for it as i havent did the exam yet, do i state the subject and leave it blank or what. Also i might take a whole a level psychology next year in year 13 which might be externally or internally - what grade do i enter for this in ucas

You put the grade(s) as pending. It should be reasonably obvious when you actually start to complete the form.
Reply 782
Original post by Doonesbury
You put the grade(s) as pending. It should be reasonably obvious when you actually start to complete the form.

I have completed 2 out of 3 of my A2 exams for maths in my AS year and may want to resit one of these next year. I know someone who has put her result as pending and not put down the grades of the two exams she has already sat, can you do this?

Also, do you have to include UMS marks for each exam?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by A*my
I have completed 2 out of 3 of my A2 exams for maths in my AS year and may want to resit one of these next year. I know someone who has put her result as pending and not put down the grades of the two exams she has already sat, can you do this?

Also, do you have to include UMS marks for each exam?

No you need to declare all grades achieved. You don't include UMS. Just a few universities use UMS and they will specifically ask for it if they need it.
Reply 784
No you need to declare all grades achieved. You don't include UMS. Just a few universities use UMS and they will specifically ask for it if they need it.

do you know which ones ask for UMS. Does Durham or Warwick?
Also i've done some reading and it says something about how it's different if your school doesn't certificate them, what do they mean?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by A*my
do you know which ones ask for UMS. Does Durham or Warwick?
Also i've done some reading and it says something about how it's different if your school doesn't certificate them, what do they mean?

Durham, afaik, does for some courses (Maths?). Warwick doesn't. Cambridge always does.

And yes correct if it hasn't been certificated but that's usually only some private schools that do that.
Reply 786
can anyone answer this question,

For AS i took maths, fm, chemistry and psychology. However, i didnt complete the FM AS since i knew i wouldnt be taking it to alevel so did 1 unit of further maths and was planning to do the 2 other units in year 13. However, I have now decided I will not be continuing the 2 units to gain a further maths AS level. Therefore, I was wondering whether that one unit i sat should go on my ucas although I havent gained an AS qualification from it and will most probably be resitting it.

Any advice will much be appreciated,

Thank you
Original post by geeeeek

For AS i took maths, fm, chemistry and psychology. However, i didnt complete the FM AS since i knew i wouldnt be taking it to alevel so did 1 unit of further maths and was planning to do the 2 other units in year 13. However, I have now decided I will not be continuing the 2 units to gain a further maths AS level. Therefore, I was wondering whether that one unit i sat should go on my ucas although I havent gained an AS qualification from it and will most probably be resitting it.

Thank you

Declare everything, if not it's fraud!!!
Original post by geeeeek

Thank you

Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Declare everything, if not it's fraud!!!

Except it's not a qualification, it's just a module, assuming it hasn't been certified.

I'd recommend including the module info as part of your Maths AS-level just for completeness.

And then putting it again as pending if you are resitting it as part of an FM AS-level.

https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/entering-levels-and-levels-your-ucas-application

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi,

Do I need to declare my coursework grade for AS-level Art this year?

My teacher graded it before we broke up from school but I'm not sure...
I am taking maths and further maths and have done my AS and will do A levels this year. Because some of the modules for maths and further maths are interchangeable which module should i put with which subject? I've done c1, c2, s1, s2, d1 and fp1 and this year will do c3, c4, m1, m2, d2 and fp2.
Original post by fernblaze
I am taking maths and further maths and have done my AS and will do A levels this year. Because some of the modules for maths and further maths are interchangeable which module should i put with which subject? I've done c1, c2, s1, s2, d1 and fp1 and this year will do c3, c4, m1, m2, d2 and fp2.

You don't need to put modules at all. Put them down according to how they were allocated for your AS-levels. And then I'd suggest c3 C4 M1 for Maths and fp1 m2 D2 for FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't need to put modules at all. Put them down according to how they were allocated for your AS-levels. And then I'd suggest c3 C4 M1 for Maths and fp1 m2 D2 for FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Is it Okay to have m1/m2 and d1/d2 separate though as i thought they had to go in the same alevel?
Original post by fernblaze
Thanks. Is it Okay to have m1/m2 and d1/d2 separate though as i thought they had to go in the same alevel?

Yes, do that actually. The modules will be automatically re-allocated when you get your results anyway to maximise your Maths grade.
(edited 6 years ago)
Ok thank you
Reply 795
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
The first rule of declaring grades is:
You MUST declare ALL qualifications you hold - yes, even that random NVQ you took 3 years ago or that GCSE you took early and you did really badly in. It doesn’t matter if you think it’s not relevant. That’s up to the university to decide. Hiding grades and pleading ignorance later is a really bad idea. It can result in you losing your place even after you’ve enrolled at uni. You won’t be rejected - even by a top ten uni - just because of one anomalous poor grade.

All the following must be entered in the Qualifications section of the UCAS form:

All GCSEs graded A* to U (yes, including that embarrassing D for ICT you got in Year 9).

All your AS Levels (A-E, and any U grades). AS levels are now routinely certificated as a qualification in their own right except by a (very) few private schools. Therefore, even if you have taken the full A level in the same subject, or are planning to resit, these AS Level grades need to be declared.

All your A level grades (A*-E, and any U grades).

IB overall score, subjects and levels and points achieved

Any other certificated qualifications, even if they are vocational, or weren’t sat in the UK.

We'll say it again:

Remember that AS levels are a qualification in their own right, even though they can also contribute to achieving the requirements for a full A level. This is why they have to be entered separately.

Entering Resits

If you have completed resits and been awarded a new grade (better or worse) for an individual AS or A level, or IB, or anything else, you need to enter BOTH results.

If you are planning to resit, you need to enter the subject twice, firstly with the original overall grade, and secondly with the overall grade shown as pending. You enter the module details and grades for both, leaving the grade/s for the module/s you plan to resit as pending when you enter the subject for the second time.

Tempted to leave something out or lie?
It is not worth trying to hide things you don't like or don't think look great on your application. by 'forgetting' about them. Doing this is considered fraudulent, and can result in your offer or your place being withdrawn. Additionally, if your results don’t exactly match the ones you’ve entered on your UCAS form, this can cause delays around Results Day - which is something you definitely don’t want!

If you want to know how unis might find out that you've lied and what the consequences might be, check out PQs posts on the subject here and here.

Submitting your UCAS application means that you are confirming that all the information required has been provided, is complete, and accurate. If you make a genuine mistake, you should contact UCAS ASAP at [email protected] and correct it.

U Grades/failed qualifications
U grades at GCSE or A-level or other failed qualifications don't technically count as qualifications, and in the past there has been a lot of debate about whether you need to declare them or not. UCAS advice on this in the past has also been contradictory.

Currently, TSR understands UCAS' position to be that you should declare everything - including U grades or failed qualifications. Although UCAS only states qualifications need to be declared, to avoid any problems, we suggest declaring any exam/qualification you've ever attempted. It's almost as if in some circumstances UCAS views U grades as a qualification.

Module Grades at AS/A-level
TSR's advice on module grades is to declare them, especially if they are good. In general, not declaring them looks like you have something to hide. Whatever you do, either declare them all or none. Most universities seem to prefer actual grades, instead of UMS, so unless a uni you are applying for specifically asks for UMS, you should enter your letter grades. Your referee can mention any outstanding UMS results in your reference.

Hi! Just wondering if for international student, in the UCAS there is the test that I sat in my country which is equivalent to GCSE, but the data that I need to enter is not right. Do I have to put all my grades in? or should I just leave them and just say I have sat this test, is it ok? Thank you!
I was told not to declare any music grades below 6.
Hello, I took my A-Levels with the exam board CIE and I was wondering when I declare my English Literature grades, do I declare it according to the way it's listed on my statement of results? It's listed as "Literature in English" on my statement of results. If I declare it as "English Literature" instead will any problems arise?

I'm applying for English (Q300).
Original post by ScreamerOfStars
Hello, I took my A-Levels with the exam board CIE and I was wondering when I declare my English Literature grades, do I declare it according to the way it's listed on my statement of results? It's listed as "Literature in English" on my statement of results. If I declare it as "English Literature" instead will any problems arise?

I'm applying for English (Q300).

English Literature is fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 799
Hey guys!

Really confused, but I'm in my final year of uni applying via UCAS for some undergrad courses- how do I add my university / predicted grades for degree in! Thankyou :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending