The Student Room Group

Does my partner really love/want me? Attention from other people?

Prepare for a long post people, lots of stuff on my mind

As our relationship has gone on, I've come to the conclusion that my partner loves attention, loves to be a somebody if you catch my drift. Not sure if its because they have finally gotten attention now they are in uni with friends, or if its a childhood thing or whatever. But they love attention and If I dont shower them with it they get funny with me.

But recently the things which have got me super worried are how she acts around me vs other people. When we've gone out with their friends, they barely pay any attention to me and more to their buddies, both female and male, they barely focus on me until we head home and its just us. They always hug the friends of the opposite gender, even ones who they have said to me have liked them/made moves in the past.

Another thing is clubbing. When we were in the club, I wanted to dance with them so I tried to hold them and they pushed me away. They followed by saying they didnt like any drunks trying to grab them, get close or kiss them. But now I'm sober its hit me that maybe they do this as they dont want other people to see their taken? They were more than happy to do all of it when we were alone in the club, but not in public. I pushed them away when they said this and they got angry with me. I was too drunk to care at that point :biggrin:

Another thing was that whenever they were around me, they seemed dull, bored and not enjoying themselves.. but when around others of the opposite gender they seemed happy, enjoying themselves and dancing close to them... It really got to me, caused an argument between us.

So whats your guys take on this? Is this all because they love attention from everyone? Or are they just stringing me along until they find someone else? Whenever I confront them about this, they say they just want me and no one else. But I cant help but think they are just saying this, albeit I fall for it every time.
Original post by Anonymous
Prepare for a long post people, lots of stuff on my mind

As our relationship has gone on, I've come to the conclusion that my partner loves attention, loves to be a somebody if you catch my drift. Not sure if its because they have finally gotten attention now they are in uni with friends, or if its a childhood thing or whatever. But they love attention and If I dont shower them with it they get funny with me.

But recently the things which have got me super worried are how she acts around me vs other people. When we've gone out with their friends, they barely pay any attention to me and more to their buddies, both female and male, they barely focus on me until we head home and its just us. They always hug the friends of the opposite gender, even ones who they have said to me have liked them/made moves in the past.

Another thing is clubbing. When we were in the club, I wanted to dance with them so I tried to hold them and they pushed me away. They followed by saying they didnt like any drunks trying to grab them, get close or kiss them. But now I'm sober its hit me that maybe they do this as they dont want other people to see their taken? They were more than happy to do all of it when we were alone in the club, but not in public. I pushed them away when they said this and they got angry with me. I was too drunk to care at that point :biggrin:

Another thing was that whenever they were around me, they seemed dull, bored and not enjoying themselves.. but when around others of the opposite gender they seemed happy, enjoying themselves and dancing close to them... It really got to me, caused an argument between us.

So whats your guys take on this? Is this all because they love attention from everyone? Or are they just stringing me along until they find someone else? Whenever I confront them about this, they say they just want me and no one else. But I cant help but think they are just saying this, albeit I fall for it every time.

It's hard to really understand the situation without being there, but it seems to me that she likes you and just wants to spend time with her friends. I imagine you guys spend more time together than she does hanging out with her friends. The 'not wanting drunk guys on her' thing is perfectly reasonable as well. It doesn't mean that she doesn't want to be seen as taken. When you're out with friends, does she completely blank you or is her attention just elsewhere? There's a difference between the two. If she blanks you, there's something going on. If she has her focus on other people, there's still a number of reasons it could be that way. It might be best to sit down and talk with her about it, and rather than posing a question as 'do you still want me?', make it more about why she acts a little strange in public with you and if that's something she feels too
Reply 2
She mostly has her attention on other people. I have spoken to her about it and she's reassured me that she just wants me, but still doesnt change anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending