The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Round trip or One-way?

I´ll be studying a MSc at LSE during 1 year starting this fall... I was wondering what would be better:
1. Booking a one-way ticket to London
2. Booking a round trip

The advantage with the one-way ticket is that I don´t have to say almost one year in advance when will be my returning date.
The disadvantage is that I have to get an entry clearance when I arrive to London and I have heard that it could be more difficult (suspicious) if I don´t have my returning ticket.

Any comments and/or suggestions will be welcome....specially from those whohave already gone through this
Reply 1
I had the same dilemma. I was worried I couldn't get a one-way ticket and it would cost a fortune. I have no idea why the major airlines seem to charge MORE for a one-way. I also dreaded choosing a return date when I had no idea when I'd have exams or need to study, etc.
Fortunately, I found a one-way ticket on STA: ORD to LHR on American Airlines for $230.00.
If the immigration give me hassles, I'll just show them the date on my entry clearance, and it is clearly more than a year from my departure date. (btw, I didn't need to have my ticket booked when I applied for my entry clearance/student visa.) Airlines are also not very friendly when it comes to booking a return over one year from the departure.
However, I've spoken to a summer school student who entered London w/ a one-way ticket and he didn't have any hassles.
Good luck and check out the tickets on STA.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Latest

Trending

Trending