The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Course at stirling uni. Could I use OU modules as entry?

Hello,

I am looking for advice.

Yesterday I was looking at the stirling uni website and on access courses that may enable me to go to uni as a mature student, I was looking at the list on their site where it said that they also accept OU modules for entry.

I am just confused as to which OU modules they mean, and do they mean that is for undergrad study. The course I was looking at was the Politics course and I've studied OU modules in social sciences.

I don't want to seem stupid for asking them if they do not mean it that way and what they meant was an OU degree is accepted for entry to a masters (because i know OU degrees are accepted for studying a masters). The only way I thought OU could be used for entry to most uni courses was if the course was a masters.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Reply 1
It's possible but you will need to email and ask them direct. OU courses can be used to get into undergrad courses at university in place of Highers, etc but also can get you into 2nd year because you already have some study done but it depends on the uni and what modules/points you have as to whether they will accept them.

Also as you've already said OU degrees can be used to get you onto Masters courses if you want to go down that route.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Hi there, I have just received an unconditional from Stirling for psychology and I have 60 OU credits and studying a further 60 this year. So yes, they do accept OU credits!
Hi
I contacted Stirling Uni recently with a very similar question. They said that they would accept OU credits as a form of alternative entry requirements at a minimum of 60 credits.
Original post by mazexplorer
Hello,

I am looking for advice.

Yesterday I was looking at the stirling uni website and on access courses that may enable me to go to uni as a mature student, I was looking at the list on their site where it said that they also accept OU modules for entry.

I am just confused as to which OU modules they mean, and do they mean that is for undergrad study. The course I was looking at was the Politics course and I've studied OU modules in social sciences.

I don't want to seem stupid for asking them if they do not mean it that way and what they meant was an OU degree is accepted for entry to a masters (because i know OU degrees are accepted for studying a masters). The only way I thought OU could be used for entry to most uni courses was if the course was a masters.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Quick Reply

Latest