The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

James Baillie Park anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i soo excited!!! not long!!! btw has anybody signed up to that peer mentorin thing? x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
i moved in today wooooo

x
greenylad
i moved in today wooooo

x

so.... whats it like??? are many other people there or is it like totally empty? anything in particular u recommend we bring that we wouldnt have thought of?? see you there at the weekend! :biggrin:
Reply 23
ahh, omg, whats it like?

what do you have to do when you first get there btw?
Glamourama
ahh, omg, whats it like?

what do you have to do when you first get there btw?

They sent me a booklet with a checklist of what to do before you get there and when you get there. V. useful.

And which flat are you in??
Reply 25
Block D 100, how about you?

Okk kool, I got that booklet but only skim read it, will look again, thankkks :]
Glamourama
Block D 100, how about you?

Okk kool, I got that booklet but only skim read it, will look again, thankkks :]

Im in 90- come and say hi on saturday if ur there!! (my names sarah!)
Reply 27
I've been and collected my key and moved my big stuff in. It's pretty empty right now.. but it's great I really like it. First thing you need to do is go straight to the office with your contract and essential info form. Then you get your keys and inventory form.
DEFINITELY check the inventory form over as mine said my room was perfect but there are loads of blu tac marks, scuffs and black marks everywhere... so make sure you mark it down so you dont lose your deposit, then hand it back in to the office.
One of the walls inside your room is purple and the corridor outside is pink, but thats for my flat.. might be different in different blocks. Didn't have the sense to take some pictures, but it's lovely :smile:
Reply 28
hey guys, as you're all there now maybe you could answer a question for me..

im hoping to go james braillie park this year. thing is, i have a lot of stuff i;d like to bring.. mainly instruments..
but theyre all quite big :s-smilie:

how much storage space is there, approximately?
Reply 29
there's quite a bit under the bed.. well lets say the size of a single bed. I've got boxes shoved on top of the wardrobe.. but thats all there really is. Wouldn't say there was much space for loads of instruments.
Reply 30
damn.. ill consider that. cheers
Reply 31
plus you may annoy fellow neighbours by playing instruments haha i can hear quite a bit of music from my room.. including the floor below's delightful kareoke rendition of 'Better the Devil You Know' last night lol.
Reply 32
kareoke? hahah oh dear..
nah i wouldnt really pump it out, just for recording purposes.
guess il just have to use the studios then..
Reply 33
yes it wasn't the most pleasant thing i've experienced lol if it's not too loud it wouldn't be too bad i guess.. its when the volume is full up and there's bass you can hear everything lol
Reply 34
If you do it at a sane time of day then its not too bad - i mean you expect some noise dont you? I get karaoke from above and rnb from the side, its student accomodation though you've got to expect some noise :P So long as its not on in the early hours it doesnt matter too much when its minimal.
Im in james baillie at the moment and i have two guitars in my room with my amp - not that much room for them really, i do walk into them alot :P And i know a few people who fit keyboards on stands in their rooms, but if your bringing quite a few instruments then prepare not to bring much else :smile:
Reply 35
thats fair enough. s'just that im doing music as part of my course,
and my main instrument is drums.....
... guess il just take others then..
Reply 36
schnb.. hmm i've heard devonshire is the place to go for music? they have practice rooms and all that stuff so you could always have a look there :smile:
Reply 37
ooh yes does look quite nice.. a bit more pricey however but yeah practise rooms!
ill look in to it, cheers ali!
Reply 38
yeah i hear the practice room being used from time to time at dev, so thats probably the place to go with drums. i think lupton has a bit you can use for band stuff near the laundry, im always hearing live music coming from somewhere in that bit :P
I lived at James Baillie last year and had the best time ever!!
Block D2 was the party block..i was in 102A :smile:
Well done choosing JBP!! Enjoy your freshers, it goes way too quick!! x

Quick Reply

Latest