The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

history of art - work load?

hi im hoping to apply to do english lit and history of art for the 2008 cycle. was just wondering if anyone here studied history of art, as i was slightly worried by the impression i got on the open day - the guy kept repeating how much hard work it was - not that i dont work - its just he seemed to think it was extreme!:s-smilie:
can anyone prove/disprove this?
thanks
Reply 1
I think he was probably just saying it because it's got a bit of a reputation of a doss degree, so he'd want people to know that they do actually have to work. Don't worry about it, it will be hard work, just like any degree, but you will have plenty of time for a social life.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
cheerios
hi im hoping to apply to do english lit and history of art for the 2008 cycle. was just wondering if anyone here studied history of art, as i was slightly worried by the impression i got on the open day - the guy kept repeating how much hard work it was - not that i dont work - its just he seemed to think it was extreme!:s-smilie:
can anyone prove/disprove this?
thanks

hmm well when someone i work with on a fine art degree has 1 exam and i have 6 each exam period i can't help but wonder what levels of work there are.. but obviously they have essays throughout the semester (she just doesn't bitch and moan about them hehe)
My flatmate does history of art with museum studies and although she has less lectures than me she has more than enough work to make up for it outside of uni! Not to scare you, the workload is comparable with any other degree really, and as long as you do it when it's set you'll be fine. Just don't leave things like essays til the last minute, otherwise you'll be really bogged down. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll cope fine!
Reply 4
I want to do the same course for 2008 entry! I missed the open day unfortunately... can you give me any insight into what the lecturers said about the course? x
One of my flatmates does History of Art and to be honest she seems to have the least work of all of us! But it is only the first semester I guess.

Latest