The Student Room Group
Reply 1
jak
Hey,
Leaving my call centre job in a months time to go uni (woohoo), I need to hand in my resignation letter tomorrow! But I havn't a clue what to say init? To be honest I'd love to say how much I hated the place and that I hope the company rots in hell! But I havnt the balls lol, on a serious note what do I need to say?

Just say that due to going to uni you are no longer able to keep this job
Reply 2
jak
Hey,
Leaving my call centre job in a months time to go uni (woohoo), I need to hand in my resignation letter tomorrow! But I havn't a clue what to say init? To be honest I'd love to say how much I hated the place and that I hope the company rots in hell! But I havnt the balls lol, on a serious note what do I need to say?

Dear [Recipient's name]:

Yesterday I woke up and realized that this is the worst career experience I've ever had. Therefore, I'm officially notifying you of my resignation from [company name]. My last day will be today.

This company has many problems. [insert problems here]

On top of that, I can't stand to work for you any longer. You, alone, have been a constant source of pain and suffering for me ever since I started this job. I can't understand how you made it this far in the professional community.

Today is a great day for me. I will never have to see, hear or listen to you ever again. Goodbye, and good-riddance!

Warmest Regards,

[Your Signature]
And once you've handed it in contact HR and ask for an exit interview - it will be with an HR person and you can say EXACTLY what you want to about the company and your boss etc etc - and it will be brought up in their appraisals :cool:
Reply 4
or...

Dear [Recipient's name]:

Thank you for the opportunity to work at [company name]. I have learned a lot during my time here. I truly appreciate your guidance and friendship during my time employed.

However, the time has come for me to move on, and I start a degree course at [insert uni] in [insert month]. This letter is to formally announce my resignation from [company name], starting today. My last day will be [two weeks from today].

Regards,

[Your Signature]

Throw in something about potential holiday work too - although you hate them you might need them!
Reply 5
jak
OP
lol cheers! loved your first letter, seeing as I'm doomed to be a skint student, think I can make any money by selling the company secrets to the press?

..... kaching!
Reply 6
jak
Hey,

lol was so in the same positon...hang on ill post mine
Reply 7
Dear

It is with regret that I am writing to you to give formal notice of my resignation. My last working day will be 12 June 2004.

I have really enjoyed working for W H Smiths but unfortunately due to the pressure of my college timetable and holiday commitments I am unable to commit to work requirements.

Yours faithfully
Reply 8
jak
OP
Quickly typed it up and came up with the following:

Dear :
As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you four weeks' notice of my intention to leave my position as Customer Service Advisor. I shall end my employment as of the week ending and including Sunday 12th September 2004.
I have decided to realise my professional and personal goals by accepting a formal offer to study for a Law Degree at the University of the West of England, Bristol starting in late September. This was not an easy decision and took a lot of consideration but I believe it is an exciting step forward and one that I hope you will understand and support. Please be assured that I will do all I can to assist in the smooth transfer of my responsibilities before leaving.
I have truly appreciated your guidance and friendship during my time employed. I therefore wish both you and Next Directory every good fortune and I would like to thank you once again for having me as part of your team.
Yours sincerely,

How does that seem? not too much ass licking is there?
jak
Quickly typed it up and came up with the following:

Dear :
As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you four weeks' notice of my intention to leave my position as Customer Service Advisor. I shall end my employment as of the week ending and including Sunday 12th September 2004.
I have decided to realise my professional and personal goals by accepting a formal offer to study for a Law Degree at the University of the West of England, Bristol starting in late September. This was not an easy decision and took a lot of consideration but I believe it is an exciting step forward and one that I hope you will understand and support. Please be assured that I will do all I can to assist in the smooth transfer of my responsibilities before leaving.
I have truly appreciated your guidance and friendship during my time employed. I therefore wish both you and Next Directory every good fortune and I would like to thank you once again for having me as part of your team.
Yours sincerely,

How does that seem? not too much ass licking is there?

Don't sound so apologetic for wanting to go to uni! lol here, let me make some adjustments... how about...

August 14, 2004

Dear :

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you four weeks' notice of my decison to leave my position as Customer Service Advisor. I shall end my employment as of the week ending and including Sunday 12th September 2004.

I have decided to accept a formal offer to study Law at Bristol University, with term starting in late September. Therefore I can no longer continue my employment with your company. Please be assured that I will do all I can to assist in the smooth transfer of my responsibilities before leaving.

I have appreciated your guidance and friendship during my employment. I therefore wish both you and the Next Directory team every good fortune and I would like to thank you once again for having me as part of your team.

Yours sincerely,

?

Latest

Trending

Trending