The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you gave an email address, check your inbox every now and again, likewise for phone numbers.

Usually it might take a few weeks (i'd give it 3 weeks maximum for a online application).
Do you get an email saying that thank you for your app & they'l get back to or something? because i have one saying thank you & saying ive commenced with my app but none saying that ive finished or anything.
Yeah you will get an email shortly saying thank you for applying for the position at .......... They will tell you in the email that they receive a volume of applications so they'll only contact those who are successful within 21 days. I submitted my application form online and they rang me a week after :rolleyes:

If you don't get an email from them just log back into the website and review your application form just in case you might have missed out something. Good luck with the application :smile:
u no when you look for vacancies in debenham's website, what is equivalent to sales assistant. coz i can't find it there. pls help me. Is that the same as Sales Advisor?
trishasneaha
u no when you look for vacancies in debenham's website, what is equivalent to sales assistant. coz i can't find it there. pls help me. Is that the same as Sales Advisor?

Yes.
Reply 6
They are going to be checking hundreds of applicationss at the moment for Xmas, hold tight, they'll contact you if you've been successful after they've sent them through to the store and organised mass interview dates.
x Sara
Yeah you will get an email shortly saying thank you for applying for the position at .......... They will tell you in the email that they receive a volume of applications so they'll only contact those who are successful within 21 days. I submitted my application form online and they rang me a week after :rolleyes:

If you don't get an email from them just log back into the website and review your application form just in case you might have missed out something. Good luck with the application :smile:

I havnt got an email saying thank you or anything :confused: & Ive checked my application to see if ive missed something out but i think ive done it all :s-smilie:
Reply 8
i applied online and about 2-4 days later i had a successful telephone interview and now im going to be going to an assessment group and from there i will be told if i am to be successful or not!
rye225
i applied online and about 2-4 days later i had a successful telephone interview and now im going to be going to an assessment group and from there i will be told if i am to be successful or not!

Once i check all my information & then click next i get this weird message saying that my cookies may have expired and that they cant identify the vacancy i applied for :frown: :confused: Did this happen to anyone who applied?
Reply 10
Hi,

I successfully passed the telephone interview a few days ago and was told to come in for the assessment day which is tomorrow, she told me on the phone that you have to dress smart and I'm driving myself nuts cause I don't know what to wear lol, I'm a guy by the way any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sam
Reply 11
im just going to wear a white shirt and black trousers!!!
Reply 12
Hi Sam, shirt and trousers never fail, keep it smart like navy and stone or black and a coloured shirt. Don't wear a jacket if you're going to be really uncomfortable in it, but it's nice to have one to wear in and take off in there.
Reply 13
Just had a successful telephone interview myeslf.

Can anyone tell me what the 'Group Assessment' thing is like?
Reply 14
the assesment is ok, u will be asked to introduce urself and then asked to sell a product, maintain eye contact and try not to stutter or stumble!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i applied for a temp job in my local debenhams online recieved a voicemail today telling me they'd like to do a phone interview. I can't get back to them till monday so im hoping i'll still have a chance even if I didnt get back to them today
Square
Just had a successful telephone interview myeslf.

Can anyone tell me what the 'Group Assessment' thing is like?

I had a group interview / assessment for debenhams at the Manchester Andale centre. The group interview wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, the manager was nice and he kept reassuring us at the beginning of the interview that it would be fun and just relax. I know it can be quite daunting at first. But just try to relax and don’t panic (that’s really the last thing you should do).

It wasn’t really that nerve wrecking; I just kept smiling all the way trough. The whole point of a group interview is so the employer can see how you interact with people, and how well you communicate with others. The key is really to make yourself stand out and don’t be shy.

The interview started with some fun ice breakers, which were used to make the group interview a lot more fun and interesting. We had to write down three things about ourselves. Two of things had to be true and the other thing had to a lie. However it was up to the other people to figure out which one out of three was the lie. The next task was to pair up and we were each given a department so I was given the baby/maternity department and we were asked to pick out any item and sell it to the rest of the group. Now this is the most important task of the rest and this is where you should really sell yourself and make yourself stand out from the rest, not only will test your communication skills but also show all well you can work in a team , then we were each interviewed by one of the senior management team and after that it was over. If your successful or unsuccessful then they would ring you or send you a letter withing 21 days after the interview has taken place.

Good luck!
Reply 17
Could someone please tell me how long the phone interveiw is and what sort of questions they ask? It's just I'm at school during the hours they told me to call. Thank you.
hi the phone interview is less than ten minutes!

Very straight forward questions - why do you want to work for debenhams ?
- relevant experience
- whats ur perfect customer service
experience

nothing t oworry about at all I have the group assesment tomorrow and im as nervous as mary hell !
Reply 19
Thank you! Didn't realise it would be so short! Good luck for tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be fine!

Latest

Trending

Trending