The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Er... most good pharmacy unis, like LSOP, arent particularly keen to take students who are "failed med school applicants". So it would really surprise me if they were willing to take extra PS paragraphs from people who dont really want to do pharm. There are usually more than enough applicants to fill their places with people who really want to be there!
Reply 2
LSOP is willing to take "failed" med students , however its better to contact them
^ What they said.
Reply 4
yeah i emailed them an extra paragraph jus stating that im actually doing work experience for pharmacy....think that may increase my chances of getting an offer/interview?
Reply 5
ULSOP completely welcome applicants who choose pharmacy as back-up to medicine or dentistry.
It says it in their propectus too (well it did two years ago).

I'd advise you to actually post a fresh personal statement- i.e- a compeltely newly written one directed directly to pharmacy, write a covering letter and post it to admin office at Ulsop- if you are serious about getting an offer there and studying there. Explain why you would want to phramacy there etc.

I did that and got an offer with them. (I got rejected by the pharmacy department at kings though- even though I did that)

(A paragraph emailed to me, doesn't seem very formal, or indicate a person too serious about studying there either. Oh and now they call applicants to interview too, so you wouldnt get an offer just after the personal statement addition)
Reply 6
:O i already emailed them!!!! helpp tasmin! lol. shall i still send a covering letter etc. or have i blown my chances?!
Reply 7
It would look silly now to send another personal statement with a cover letter after already emailing them. Im sure you wont have blown your chances but it might have been better to send a proper statement and letter in the first place.
Reply 8
arghhhhhhhh. im such a dumbass >_<
Reply 9
Wait and see. I know they sent my friends in my year a letter saying that thier PS wasn't based on pharmacy and asked them to post one in.

So if they send a letter to you, do post them a new statement and covering letter. If not, I guess they've accepted your email. Wait and see what happens I guess, you may just be called for interivew and not have to worry.
Reply 10
Oh please - I'm a med reject at LSOP along with 50% + of my year. Seriously LSOP aren't all that fussy - don't worry too much about that extra paragraph. Make your PS about your first and main choice!
Reply 11
thanks nk! outta curiosity, how long ago did u apply to LSOP?
Reply 12
nk_angel89
Oh please - I'm a med reject at LSOP along with 50% + of my year. Seriously LSOP aren't all that fussy - don't worry too much about that extra paragraph. Make your PS about your first and main choice!

true- the four friends I know at ulsop are all there because they didn't get into medicine.

But that's Not to say that they aren't loving what they are doing now, and that there aren't people doing pharmacy who have wanted to do it from before.

Latest

Trending

Trending