The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Add maths to that- Maths A-level is always useful.

HISTORY V100 2008!
:bunny:
Reply 2
eng lit, Psychology, biology and chem or physics would be really great,with good grades in those subjects any uni would make you an offer
Reply 3
I've heard statistics is covered in Psychology at uni, so maybe a Maths AS level? There aren't really any set subjects as such though
Reply 4
Media Studies
Film Studies
Sociology
Reply 5
EsStupido
Media Studies
Film Studies
Sociology

Yeah sociology would also be a really good choice.
Reply 6
i think your choice of psychology, eng lit and biology are all fine. how many a levels are you thinking of taking? if youre thinking of taking 4, id recommend a science (chem or physics) or maths. but its really up to you.
you might as well do something you enjoy, rather than a subject other people recommend.
anyway gd luck deciding!
Reply 7
Democracy
Yeah sociology would also be a really good choice.

I was being sarcastic.

Sociology is up there as being one of the easiest A levels to take.
The three you suggested are really good. Personally I would add either maths or chemistry to the list also.
Reply 9
Keep Biology and English Lit, add Maths and add something like History.
For top universities, specific A levels in the likes of pyschology, sociology and film studies are seen as doss subjects, as supposed to *cough* 'real' subjects.

This came from a book I read and is not my personal opinion, although I do agree with it, so if you don't no flamers please.
u sure u wanna do it as a degree? im no expert but lookin at my school we got a lot of wannabe psychologists
Maths :smile:
haha. when i started my a levels a year ago, we had a lot of wannabe physiotherapists
lol...in my college we've still got wannabe psychologists...70% are doing it at uni. I wonder how many will actually be one though.
Anyway, I think you should do what you want to do, but maths and a science will really help with it.
agreed!
its not like if you study psychology at degree level, you HAVE to be psychologist anyway.
a degree in almost any subject will be so useful in getting a job... i think...
Whatever you do, take the A-level subjects you moust enjoy. Those may be the ones you've already said- fine; but don't do any subjects you don't enjoy just because it's reccomended for the course that you think you might be interested in. Remember that you might well change your mind about uni courses- apparantly 6/10 ppl entering 6th form do at some stage. Sure, look at which subjects unis require: but you must also enjoy all of your subjects. yes, you can drop one- but only one.
EsStupido
I was being sarcastic.

Sociology is up there as being one of the easiest A levels to take.

And you know this because?
Maths, Biology, and a good Social Science like Economics or Politics.
Yup, I agree with the majority, and go for maths. You can't go wrong with a maths A-Level. Unless you're rubbish at maths, which I assume you're not. You have Psychology which is an obvious choice, Bio's often seen to go well with it, English Lit's always a good one for an essay-based degree. And if Democracy is right in saying that there's some statistics, then maths will be useful. There's no need for a different science, as you already have biology.
Reply 19
I would go for a science (So Biology, if thats your best one), Maths, psychology and a more essay based subject, like English Lit or History. But really, as long as you've got a science and psychology then you shouldn't have any massive problems.

Try having a look on UCAS at some of the courses you might like, and see if they have any specific requirements. Always the easiest way :smile:

Latest