The Student Room Group
SquishyHomie
either go straight from GCSES into work, or decide college wasn't for them and went into work instead?

I know loads of people who did and some are doing well and some are not.

I would say only to do that if you are going into a job that has a defined path and where you will be trained properl - i.e a plumber.

Nowadays I would recommend A levels minimum

Also, its got to a point now where so many peopel have degrees that a lot of josb are just closed off if you dont have one - even if they are irrelevant or uneeded for the vast majority of jobs!

If you go work in a large company and do well you can move up within that company but its risky.

So my advice would be to do a levels at the minimum - plus it gives you time to grow up a bit mroe and think about careers.
Reply 2
Yes a few people I know did that. They are mostly van drivers, lorry drivers, or work in first line help desk support- i.e. nothing particularly inspiring/careery.
Reply 3
Yup I did. Went to college, didn't fit right, so I left after a term took a year out and worked and volunteered.

Went back the year after, new A Levels and a different attitude
Reply 4
thanks guys :smile:

gemz87, hope you dont mind me asking, but in what way did your attitude change? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending