The Student Room Group

Life after A-levels...

I am doing my A-levels at the moment, in A2 English Language (predicted a B), A2 Psychology (predicted a C/D), and AS Critical Thinking (predicted a B).

I do not want to go to university. I would like to do an apprenticeship, but do not know where to go.

Arcadia do a Managers Trainee Programme which I applied for, but they declined my offer.

Does anyone else know of any other apprenticeship programmes?
erm.. my friend was talking about a jorunalism one which sounded really good, oh im so sorry i cant remember the damn name when i found out will let you know.
Reply 2
blondevalkyrie
erm.. my friend was talking about a jorunalism one which sounded really good, oh im so sorry i cant remember the damn name when i found out will let you know.

Reply 3
What sort of apprenticeship are you looking for? They are pretty broad. How old are you?
Reply 4
Gemz87
What sort of apprenticeship are you looking for?

Anything interesting really. I was thinking either one in retail, fitness instructing, or a dispensing optician apprenticeship.

Gemz87
How old are you?

19, but will be 20 on 22nd December.

I would like to start the apprenticeship in September 2008, but would start earlier (July 2008) if need be.
Reply 5
Most apprenticeships are free for people under 25.

If you have a Connexions in your area they should have a list of places which offer them. Otherwise, ask in places. A friend of mine learnt to be a pharmacy dispensing assistant after just working in Boots for a while
Reply 6
http://www.lloydstsbjobs.co.uk/talent/

it down atm though. Good luck :smile:
RBS have a flying start programme 220 UCAS points.

Latest

Trending

Trending