The Student Room Group

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread (Mk. III)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by may12388
Hey, sure. I’ve tried to pm you! Let me know if you got it? Sorry for the late reply, I don’t usually check TSR much!!

Heyy did you receive my PM? xx
Original post by JoshWalters
hey @may12388 I have a couple of questions on applying for Sunderland medicine and the R+R form I know this is a driving test form haha but I couldn't private msg you for some reason. Is there anyway we can contact? xx

Hope you got your question answered. Let us know if you need any more help moving forwards :smile:
Reply 282
I failed first time on the 15th jan, one serious fault - meeting, where I was going up a hill where only 1 car could pass. Another car had just turned into the top of the hill and had not started coming down before I proceeded to go up so I decided to go up. She also decided to come down. we were stuck. i then reversed and ended up holding up traffic but she also reversed and i ended up going up first. really big shame because i drove perfectly the hour before the exam and the lesson the day before. very unlucky as the hill was long and steep and the hill had a sharp bend.
I failed on Wednesday for not "making enough progress".

I was on my way to the test centre, passing. But, I didn't notice a speed sign to pick up speed and was unfamiliar with the road. Therefore, I failed on this. However, I know I will pass a second time.
Reply 284
Original post by LaceAri
Failed my first attempt today.
1 major ZERO minors!

Literally the first 2 minutes of the test, got to the end of the road and I stupidly came out a little too fast instead of creeping forward. Car approaching, that I couldn’t see because of parked cars had to slow down. HOWEVER, I had already used my brakes and wasn’t actually in the path of the car. But still, my error, no one to blame but myself.

Examiner said she was gutted she had to fail me because I’d literally driven perfectly after that.

Half of me is really annoyed because if it hadn’t been for that stupid error, I’d have passed with literal flying colours. Other half of me still feels quite happy. The fact I got zero minors has reassured most of my doubts in my ability to drive. I’ll definitely be less nervous next time and hopefully won’t do something silly that I 100% know better than to do. Worst part for me is the wait from now to the next available date.

Oh well. Fingers crossed for next time.

I’m kicking myself too, I know I would have passed otherwise :frown: the rest of the test went perfectly
i just failed my driving test for stalling twice on a hill 😩
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Have you failed your driving test? :frown: Maybe the fail wasn't even your fault!

Feel free to post below and share your frustration! :redface:

Hi. I failed my third driving test today, and after this one I feel particularly deflated and frustrated. I would like to hear from those who also failed multiple tests about how you preserved? I started lessons in June 2019, and due to covid and other absences from learning, I didn't take my first test until April 2022. But due to covid, it has been months between tests and the cost of continuing lessons, cost of tests, and having less than a year left on my theory; it really is getting me down. Each test I have been more nervous than the last. I have discussed this with my driving instructor and she has said I am good driver and that my fails have all be understandable, that I get too much in my head. At the moment I am having trouble believing her. I would like to hear it from a similar perspective to me (especially those who have learnt during covid), does anyone have any tips to keep going and how you preserved, and believed that it would eventually happen for you?
I’m very sorry you failed your test today ! I like you started driving just before covid, I failed twice just after covid and the third time i failed i was so gutted ! i cried for days , i ended up on an app which found me a cancellation 2 weeks after which i passed on my 4th attempt ! Don’t give up and don’t let it dishearten you too much keep going you can do it !

Original post by chloesweeney95
Hi. I failed my third driving test today, and after this one I feel particularly deflated and frustrated. I would like to hear from those who also failed multiple tests about how you preserved? I started lessons in June 2019, and due to covid and other absences from learning, I didn't take my first test until April 2022. But due to covid, it has been months between tests and the cost of continuing lessons, cost of tests, and having less than a year left on my theory; it really is getting me down. Each test I have been more nervous than the last. I have discussed this with my driving instructor and she has said I am good driver and that my fails have all be understandable, that I get too much in my head. At the moment I am having trouble believing her. I would like to hear it from a similar perspective to me (especially those who have learnt during covid), does anyone have any tips to keep going and how you preserved, and believed that it would eventually happen for you?
Original post by TinyblueXx
I’m very sorry you failed your test today ! I like you started driving just before covid, I failed twice just after covid and the third time i failed i was so gutted ! i cried for days , i ended up on an app which found me a cancellation 2 weeks after which i passed on my 4th attempt ! Don’t give up and don’t let it dishearten you too much keep going you can do it !

My instructor has another slot available in just over a month and I might just take it. Thank you! Just need to believe that it will happen for me!
Failed for 3 consecutive minors, judgement. Was extremely frustrating
1 Major, 5 minors. Really stupid decision on moving out after pulling in to the left, 2 lanes and after waiting a long while I had an intrusive thought that it was okay to continue forward in the left lane, examiner braked. A car from the right lane moved into the left after this so it was just a moment of madness from me. 2 minors for hesitation (one at a roundabout), 2 minors for going to slow, then the last for waving on a pedestrian (immediately regretted it). Was fuming for a couple hours after but got my head straight, reading this thread helped for sure, I'll get it next time.
Original post by WhatWhyWhere101
1 Major, 5 minors. Really stupid decision on moving out after pulling in to the left, 2 lanes and after waiting a long while I had an intrusive thought that it was okay to continue forward in the left lane, examiner braked. A car from the right lane moved into the left after this so it was just a moment of madness from me. 2 minors for hesitation (one at a roundabout), 2 minors for going to slow, then the last for waving on a pedestrian (immediately regretted it). Was fuming for a couple hours after but got my head straight, reading this thread helped for sure, I'll get it next time.

Sounds like you’re being very honest when reflecting on the errors. If you keep doing that you’ll iron out the little blips. I had a very similar result in my first failed test and then did better in my second, (although it felt like a worse drive!). Keep it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending