The Student Room Group

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread (Mk. III)

Scroll to see replies

failed 3 times now :s-smilie:
1st time 5 minors 1 serious for messing up bay park as motorbike just drove infront of where i wanted to go
2nd time 3 minors 2 serious. 1st serious went into lidl car park to do bay park and instructor said sharp turn left please so i did and hit a curb :frown: 2nd major i was fed up of waiting and tried to get through a small gap and apparently i almost hit a car when i didn't :biggrin:
3rd time 2 minors 1 serious for stopping at some traffic lights that weren't for me, examiner said that was the hardest fail he ever had to give as my minors were for things like going round roundabouts too quick and stopping too far from traffic lights :colondollar:

had the same examiner all 3 times which is pretty rare according to my instructor, hopefully pass the 4th time :tongue:
Failed my first test today, 1 serious 6 minors. Got the serious because I was trying to get third gear on a 40mph road and messed up and stuck it into first. I corrected it quickly but it happened twice and the second time there was a car that had to slow down so he couldn't pass me on that.

Only solace is that it happened maybe 10 mins into my test and I knew I'd failed so said **** it and carried on lmao. Anyway I think if that hadn't happened I probably would have gotten more nervous/pressured to do well (because I wouldn't be thinking 'oh I prob failed **** it') and probably would have messed up on something else anyway, I feel like I got away with a few things that I might have failed on anyway. Apparently I had a really strict instructor too and well people have failed for sillier things

I guess I know I can actually drive now and I was very nervous and I'm sure I would have failed on something else lol. Shame because I had one of the easier test routes but oh well rebooking for next month!
First test and I failed with 1 serious and 3 minors.

Serious was for speeding. Yeah, I know...
Thought it was a 40 for some reason until I saw the speed limit sign approaching in distance so knew I was over, just as guy was marking it down. Minors for hesitation at a roundabout and road position normal driving as he said I was still a little too close to centre line after passing a row of parked cars.

Disappointed doesn't even cover it. For such a stupid mistake, I am always mindful of my speed and to keep up with traffic and road limit. If I'd realised earlier and dropped speed back towards 30 it would be a pass but he marked me down as I was abviously aiming for 40.

Have rebooked for a few weeks time. The nerves are already kicking in!

Good luck to all!
Original post by sketchartist
If I'd realised earlier and dropped speed back towards 30 it would be a pass but he marked me down as I was abviously aiming for 40.

Well duh, haha, jokes aside thats unlucky, like where I live, there are alot of roads which seem like single carriageways but are just normal roads, luckily never in a test, but the amount of times I went over the speed limit is unreal.
Reply 84
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Have you failed your driving test? :frown: Maybe the fail wasn't even your fault!

Feel free to post below and share your frustration! :redface:

I failed 3 times in the span of 6 weeks. I guess I should've had allow more times between the tests, but I'm not going to be booking my 4th for a while now.
just PASSED my driving test FIRST TIME woooooo!!!!
Reply 86
Failed my first test today. 2 minors and then the last two mins back I slipped up bad and failed on a major. Really gutted
Took my second test on the 13th June and got 20 minors and 1 serious - even worse than what I initially got. (14 Minors and 3 Serious)
Reply 88
Original post by MancFord7
Failed for the first time today and I'm gutted :/

2 majors and 2 minors. 1st major for turning into a road where pedestrians were crossing cause when I first looked there was no one there and the lights were green but by the time I checked if the road was clear the lights had gone red and people started crossing. Stupid mistake.

2nd major for going to quickly across a junction that was clear and the examiner had to brake. Another stupid mistake.

1 minor was for going too close to a car because I almost missed the turning so turned very quickly and lost control a bit. Second minor for god knows what.

I'm really disappointed tbh cause they were stupid mistakes. Just gonna get my dad to teach me from now on cause my instructor was a *******! Every time I made a mistake he would have a go at me and wouldn't shut up to the point I had no confidence going into the test. Even after the test he was having a go at me the whole way home and calling me stupid. His car was trash as well.

Oh well hopefully I pass next time.

Im so sorry to hear this. your instructor is a idiot for shouting at you like that
Failed my 2nd test today- 12 minors 1 dangerous and 1 serious ( my first test I had 2 serious 2 minors) the examiner slammed their breaks today in the first 5 mins of the test so I knew I failed again.

I guess I am just a rubbish driver...
Original post by Domidomi01
Failed my 2nd test today- 12 minors 1 dangerous and 1 serious ( my first test I had 2 serious 2 minors) the examiner slammed their breaks today in the first 5 mins of the test so I knew I failed again.

I guess I am just a rubbish driver...

What was you given a Dangerous and Serious for?
I failed the first time, because I pulled over to the left and there was a car near me on my right. So a wagon would have to of slowed down... (silly reason) but i accepted it. Passed second time, no minors! Talked myself through things, made sure I checked my mirrors religiously and took a deep breath.
Failed my second driving test yesterday, feeling so low about it! Only got 2 minors but i failed for hesitation! Feeling like such failure 😩
Failed my second test too. Pull up on the left and I was too close to brow of hill. I don't know why I did that. Just ran out of road. 5 minors besides that. 1st attempt was 1 serious and 2 minors.

My nerves were at their worst the other day and I just didn't feel the test was going well. So frustrated as now I have to wait another month for resit. Really down about this and confidence taken a real knock. I've not had the option of any private practice and just feel that I'll be lucky to get a pass as I keep getting one stupid thing wrong, what's it going to be next time etc?
Failed. First attempt. 1 serious. 1 dangerous. Serious was for apparently not looking into mirrors when there was a merging lane. Dangerous was stupidly harsh as I was at about 2mph and steering but the examiner took the wheel and steered away even though I would have done it myself. Really disappointed and depressed.
Original post by gerib17
Failed. First attempt. 1 serious. 1 dangerous. Serious was for apparently not looking into mirrors when there was a merging lane. Dangerous was stupidly harsh as I was at about 2mph and steering but the examiner took the wheel and steered away even though I would have done it myself. Really disappointed and depressed.

Don't worry took me 3 times to pass I passed on the 2nd of July.

It is not as easy as everyone thinks. My last test I did not tell anyone except my instructor and it took half of the pressure off as if you fail you can just keep it to yourself.

Don't let it bring you down just think that you have to make the examiner feel safe and that's all they want to see!

Good luck on the next one x
Reply 96
Just failed mine :frown:3 minor's 2 serious, nerves definitely got the better of me today, but it was a ok drive until.... i hesitated at the round about, the examiner saying "your guna have to go its been a couple of minuets", 1st serious; my logic was i couldn't see well so . once i got going done the dual carriage way well and my maneuver was fine, but on the way back i stalled at the lights uphill and held up traffic 2nd serious. My minors were for hesitation again and 2 minors for control, i let it roll back slightly twice.
Doesn't feel great .....but booked my second and will hopefully get over the faults and make it next time.
(edited 5 years ago)
This video helped me get over my fear of roundabouts.

[video="youtube;QKBMOmndOOk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKBMOmndOOk[/video]
I have my test tomorrow at 1:45 PM. Posting it in both PASSED / FAILED forum.

Will update after test in either one :-)

Not so serious about the test though as I have been driving for 10+ years and clocked 50K miles of independent driving. The only catch is all this driving is outside UK. LoL.

Tomorrow it is going to be a staged acting of my driving skills with UK highway code screenplay.
Failed my 3rd test on the 3rd July - would have almost passed but on the way back to the test centre, I managed to get serious for undue hesitation because a car was coming out of a driveway, so I stopped for them, then I decided to continue then I stopped again, then a car comes behind me and attempts to overtake but before they could overtake I drive off. I got dangerous for almost hitting a parked car side mirror and the examiner quickly grabbed the wheel. I got 9 minors and 2 majors altogether.

Failed my 4th test today - 16/07/2018 (this was even before I left the test centre :emo: ) - He asked me to do a bay park - and I successfully did it the first 2 times but apparently the last 2 times I ****ed up and because I didn't straighten up, one front wheel was outside the line. I was considered lucky that he gave me 4 attempts to do it.

Just annoying that I'm failing in an Automatic :/ - booking my test for 3 weeks time but within that time, I only have 1 2-hour lesson booked with my instructor...
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending