The Student Room Group

Cambridge Architecture Students and Applicants

right ... didn't expect it this early ...

but i've received the interview .. has any of you did ? for Cambridge ? mine is on the 3rd in the morning .. .. .. .. fingers crossed .. also .. needing to prepare my portfolio now ..

also abit scared :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah i got one about two weeks ago
relax, get the valium if need be
you've got noting to lose, everything to gain
haven't received the interview for Cambridge yet.....
Reply 3
I snap you Dreamingkitty ><
maybe cos its queens...?
Reply 4
Well im queens as well. THeres a few peeps from my school applying to queens and they havent heard either. I think we here after the deadline for the questionaires. They probs wait until all the forms are in.
Reply 5
Secret_F
right ... didn't expect it this early ...

but i've received the interview .. has any of you did ? for Cambridge ? mine is on the 3rd in the morning .. .. .. .. fingers crossed .. also .. needing to prepare my portfolio now ..

also abit scared :s-smilie:

mine is at 2pm that day... having lunch there. etc. :p:
good luck guys!
i graduated from cambridge this year; now working as a part 1 architect in london.

as for portfolio, just remember quality not quantity, anything that shows you can actually draw is good, and show a variety of media. photograph 3d work.
Reply 7
Got my letter from Queens' today for my Interview...eek.

Better start reading up.
Ive received the interview date this morning~~~
its on afternoon of Dec 5th.....quite early though.....:frown:
in the letter,it said theres a group meeting first and a individual interview(by two interviewers)afterwards.....
to loveness:you will receive the letter in 2 days i think~maybe today~hehe~

to scarlet ibis:will they ask loads questions about architecture history in the interview?whats an architecture interview like in Cambridge?
thanks there~^^
Reply 9
hehe thanks every one .. and yes my teacher is helping me to put together my portfolio, which is nice..

interview will be like .. very different from what you can even think to expect .. so i'd reckon just be your self .. i have 2 interviews ... eeeekk ... and i'm there from 10AM - 5 PM .. any body interested to hang around when they are free? on the 3rd?
Reply 10
I got my interview today as well...but gahhh its 3rd Dec!!! scaryscaryscary
its so soon!
I'd love to stay at their accomodation, but they wrote that only if you REALLY REALLY need to between the dates 3-5th dec then you can. And I dont really. gutted, ah well never mind
i think i'll stay at their accomodation anyway cos my school is about 4 hours far to Cambridge....>0<
Reply 12
...oooh ... then i know i can meet you lot and this other guy in Cambridge on the 3rd .. how great is that .. :biggrin:
Reply 13
4 hours ? i mean how&#65311; i live in Leeds .. only taking me around 3 hours to get there ...
the thing is theres no train directly to Cambridge from Taunton....
my journey will be:
from taunton to london paddington
london paddington to london kings cross
kings cross to Cambridge
Reply 15
very nice ............
Reply 16
@ scarlet ibis

What sort of things did they ask you (if you can remeber) at your CAM interview. I really dont know what to expect, ive got a mock one at my school next week, but no one really has a clue about Architecture at my school.....

Cheers.
wozza_89
@ scarlet ibis

What sort of things did they ask you (if you can remeber) at your CAM interview. I really dont know what to expect, ive got a mock one at my school next week, but no one really has a clue about Architecture at my school.....

Cheers.

Heh, same, it seems to be like that almost everywhere..
Reply 18
that's the point of the interview ... you can never prepare for them .. you just got to live with it, you many collect bits of experience from the mock interview but i'd reckon you can't really do much more about that ..

i was a little worried about that .. but just by worrying about that don't make any difference ..

also they could ask any question .. if some one told you one questions that has been asked, then they has set a limit . i think we needs to think beyond the question
Reply 19
Good luck guys and gals (: Go in as confident as you can, smile, be generally nice... portfolio- know it well, really well... think problem solving... development... quality. It's your one chance so go for it! Nothing at all to loose (mmm... thats not meant to scare you...)

Oh and by the way I'm a first year Architect here in Cam.

xxxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending