The Student Room Group

Cambridge Architecture Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
oh wow really? i guess with archt, unlike other subjects, u cant really say cambridge is the clear cut 'best', so there might b more of a chance of ppl rejecting an offer in favour of another uni.

where'v u applied to stigette?
J242
hmmm havent heard a thing from ucl...

and what's this? alex has 18A*s??

nd congrats on cardiff hispanic-impressions! :smile: u mustv had a really gd portfolio if u got an AA offer! i havent even sent my portfolio off yet.. i think iv lost their letter..

:laugh:
Yeah Alex is a genius..

Thank youuu :biggrin:. I like to tell myself it's a two-grade offer because they want me so badly, but it's probably because I already have an A grade A level.. (even though it's in my first language..) Hmm, who knows.

Good luck Cambridge peepz..
Reply 182
lol, either way uv got an offer from cardiff! :smile: and they dont know ur spanish lol

what?? thats actually serious?? thats mad! how can u possibly have the time to do 18 subjects?

hav u visited cardiff? dont know why im talking about this in the cambridge interview thread but nvm..
Reply 183
I've applied to St. John's. Which college have you applied to J242? And which other unis?

18 subjects? Wow, ok thought 10 was enough. Unless he did lots a year early? Or has farrrr too much free time?!
:mad: whhhheeeeerrrrrrrrreee are these bloody letterss!! :eek: i'm the most impatient person ever lol
Reply 185
iv applied to king's
and do cardiff, UCL, bath nd nottingham, wt bout u?

hmm i hope the post isnt still messed up...hopefully letters tomorrow!
it's a lot scarier now that I know that it's meant to come tomorrow...
yeah i think letters arrive tomorrow/friday...ive applied to similar places to J242, instead of cardiff ive gone for edinburgh. anyone else waiting to hear from Jesus??
Reply 187
I've applied to Bath, Nottingham, Newcastle and Glasgow School of Art.

Gosh I hope we get the letters tomorrow, I'm so nervous now even though I really don't mind if I get rejected! I just hate the wait!!!

Anyway good luck for tomorrow everyone - hope you all get some nice offers!
terrified
I can't believe it...its dark outside so there's not much time left till i know. I've decided that if i get rejected, id be too depressed to go on TSR and find out that everyone else did......I'll probably end up on here anyway, drowning my sorrows
Stigette
I've applied to Bath, Nottingham, Newcastle and Glasgow School of Art.

Gosh I hope we get the letters tomorrow, I'm so nervous now even though I really don't mind if I get rejected! I just hate the wait!!!

Anyway good luck for tomorrow everyone - hope you all get some nice offers!

Where would you go if (hopefully not) you didn't get cambridge? I only ask as there might be a possibility we end up at the same place.
Reply 191
J242
lol, either way uv got an offer from cardiff! :smile: and they dont know ur spanish lol

what?? thats actually serious?? thats mad! how can u possibly have the time to do 18 subjects?

hav u visited cardiff? dont know why im talking about this in the cambridge interview thread but nvm..

hispanic impressions absolutely dominates spanish men
even though its not her first language, truesay

i did german a-level, :cool: i think its got a bit more oomph
no offense hispanic impressions
Reply 192
Well I'm currently trying to decide between Bath and Newcastle. I like Nottingham but it's a bit close to home, and I know the place too well. But still thinking! Have an open day at Bath on the 9th, then interview at Glasgow on the 18th, then open day at Newcastle on the 29th Feb...so hopefully I'll be able to make my mind up when I've seen them all!

Where do you think you'd end up if Cambridge didn't work out?
AlexAAT
hispanic impressions absolutely dominates spanish men
even though its not her first language, truesay

i did german a-level, :cool: i think its got a bit more oomph
no offense hispanic impressions

Yeah, the Viennese charm comes in handy sometimes...

:rolleyes:
No need to show off just because you've done IB and A levels.

So intelligent, but still can't spell "GCSEs" properly. Sigh.
I'm thinking bath. I went on a similar open day in november and warmed to it a bit, course is nice anyway. Though I'm going up to Nottingham on the 30th to see what it's like-i heard the campus is nice but havent heard many good things about the course.
Reply 195
Yeh well that's about the same as me actually. My art teacher knows someone that lectures/does something at Nottingham in the archt. department so he's raving about the course...but he did that about UCL too and I went to an open day and hated it! So not sure what to think off Nottingham...
apparently it's very very eco-based, which isn't so bad but it can get tedious when it's main priority (i prefer history of arch and design studio stuff). I hate UCL too...but that's cos i got rejected lol. having said that i did find it quite a depressing building and i heard it gets a bit too intense.
Reply 197
Quite a depressing building? I walked up the road towards it thinking wow the buildings are nice down here...and then I saw the architecture building...inspirational or what?! I thought it was disgusting!
But then I hated the way they were so disorganised, and didn't really seem to care about very much. And there were about 20 students in one studio that was so small - if it were anywhere else there would only have been 5 students in there! And yes, if they rejected you, UCL can't be very good!
Reply 198
I must say I'm a fan of history of arch too, and can't really be bothered with a huge amount of eco stuff. But then again, it might be really interesting stuff?
True, True. when I went up, it was meeting a guy I knew who was already there (3rd year) and he said it was the worst building in UCL, ironic seeing as it's the architecture department. Tbh i didn't expect to get in, as I left their task to last minute and it was fairly bland-not my best of efforts but I had deadlines! Anyway the main reason i didn't want to go there was because i live in london anyway and didn't want to be absurdly close to home...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending