The Student Room Group

If no claim is made against my insurance will my premiums still increase?

Hey guys ive been driving just another a month and ive had a minor accident. I was in traffic my shoes were wet so when i went to tread on the brake pedal my foot slipped off it so i did not end up breaking so the car in front ended up bumping into the car in front of it. The only damage that occurred was that the grills of the fiesta was cracked and there was some minor body damage at the front. This is an 07 fiesta that was damaged. I was wondering how would you think it would be to repair this? as the lady had stated she agreed for me to pay her for the damage without going through insurance?

The black box detected the accident and i told them all the details and they told me that it was up to her if she were to claim or not. and if she didnt my no claims discount would be unaffected

We have agreed on not getting the insurance companies involved but would it still increase my insurance premiums even if she dosent claim? and how do i know if they claim without me knowing? how much do you guys reckon it will cost me to pay her?
Reply 1
depends on how fussy she is going to be! she could take it to main stealers which will obviously be more than a repair shop. don't hand over any money without a quote and receipt.
if ahe doesn't go through insurance you have nothing to worry about.
hopefully she's gong to do nothing. 😊
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys ive been driving just another a month and ive had a minor accident. I was in traffic my shoes were wet so when i went to tread on the brake pedal my foot slipped off it so i did not end up breaking so the car in front ended up bumping into the car in front of it. The only damage that occurred was that the grills of the fiesta was cracked and there was some minor body damage at the front. This is an 07 fiesta that was damaged. I was wondering how would you think it would be to repair this? as the lady had stated she agreed for me to pay her for the damage without going through insurance?

The black box detected the accident and i told them all the details and they told me that it was up to her if she were to claim or not. and if she didnt my no claims discount would be unaffected

We have agreed on not getting the insurance companies involved but would it still increase my insurance premiums even if she dosent claim? and how do i know if they claim without me knowing? how much do you guys reckon it will cost me to pay her?

No claims may not be affected, but you still need to declare the collision in future when searching for insurance.

Your premiums will probably increase, yes.
Insurance companies will increase premiums for pretty much any reason. If you don't declare the accident you get penalised and if you do declare it you get penalised.

The best thing to do is tell the truth and shop around when you renewal is due.

Disclaimer - spent 10 miserable years working for car insurance companies.
Reply 4
by the end of the year when i renew it do you think my car insurance will be higher than what i am currently paying? even if she dosent claim?
Hard to say. Your premium is based on how much of a risk you pose to the insurance company, so the more experience you have and the fewer claims, the lower your premium should be. However, from time to time insurance companies shift their focus to different demographics so the industry may decide that they do not want as many younger drivers on their books and price accordingly. It also happens with where you live and what you do for a living amongst other reasons.

If the other driver does not claim, you should gain a years no claims discount that will bring your insurance cost down, however, you will still have a declared accident that will stay on record for a while and may indicate that you are a higher risk, therefore your base policy cost will be higher.
Original post by IWMTom
No claims may not be affected, but you still need to declare the collision in future when searching for insurance.

Your premiums will probably increase, yes.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending