The Student Room Group

Is Birmingham a good business school?

Hi everyone!

I am an undergrad student from Canada and I accepted an offer for a MSc in Human Resource Management at Uni of Birmingham. I wasn't aware of this website when I did my applications and all the information I had were the University websites and various rankings.

I am worried that I may not have chosen a good school. I also got into Southampton, but it seemed to me that Birmingham was better. I did not apply to any London schools or even Manchester because they are more expensive and I can not afford them.

So I am wondering if I made a good choice. I hope to find a job at a pretty big company in London or south-ish England. It is difficult for me to judge because everyone here either do their MSc at the best Canadian schools (Uni of Montreal, McGill, UBC, or Uni of Toronto) or the good US schools.
Reply 1
I don't think Birmingham is that well known for its business school. You could have applied to Manchester, the fees there are only slightly higher and can also try applying for a scholarship. I'll most probably be joining Manchester but I'm also having doubts now as to whether I've made a good choice, as most people here have indicated that the good firms give much more preference to those from Oxbridge and the London universities.

Latest

Trending

Trending