The Student Room Group
There are plenty of loan options available, although you will get into a fair amount of debt!! But once you're a doctor you can pay that off gradually. You will be able to afford doing medicine as a 2nd degree, however paying that loan back will make life a bit hard for a good while on qualifying...
Reply 2
The four year graduate entry course will be expensive- i am applying for it and i am panicking that IF i get in then i will have to decline due to lack of funds.

On a brighter note- the NHS pay your tuition fees for years 2,3 and 4- you only pay the fees of your first year, and that can be spread over the years of your course. You will not be entitled to ANOTHER student loan i don't think, although in first year you get a means tested loan, and for years 2-4 the NHS give you a bursary. Also there are professional development loans from the bank (around £10,000) you can get, and banks love doctors, so if your credit check is accepted then you can get that.

It's not the end of the world- all universities have hardship funds and usually postgrad students are near the top of the list for who deserves it most. You will find a way round it! Just like i will have to!

Latest

Trending

Trending