The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Worried about places filling up for course

So I am an international applicant having received a conditional offer for the Life Sciences Foundation Program a few months ago. I am planning on visiting for a campus tour during my Easter break, however my schedule is tight so I thought about the possibility of visiting the campus in early May. The problem is that there is no deadline set, so I don't know how much time I have left to accept my offer so its a first come and first serve kind of thing. Did anyone else receive an offer for foundation? I am afraid for the places to fill up earlier since this is my first choice uni.
(edited 6 years ago)
it's not first come first serve
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by keilx8
So I am an international applicant having received a conditional offer for the Life Sciences Foundation Program a few months ago. I am planning on visiting for a campus tour during my Easter break, however my schedule is tight so I thought about the possibility of visiting the campus in early May. The problem is that there is no deadline set, so I don't know how much time I have left to accept my offer so its a first come and first serve kind of thing. Did anyone else receive an offer for foundation? I am afraid for the places to fill up earlier since this is my first choice uni.

You're worrying about nothing. Places do not 'fill up' and it is not 'first come first served' at all, where did you get this from? If they've given you an offer and you actually meet the requirements then they have to take you. As long as you accept the offer before one of the dates on the UCAS website (whichever one applies to you) then it's fine: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/replying-your-ucas-undergraduate-offers
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by keilx8

Hey @keilx8,

@Glassapple is correct - if you meet the requirements of your conditional offer, the uni is obliged to accept you. Please feel free to arrange a visit at your convenience - it will not affect your chances of being accepted on to the programme regardless of when you accept the offer. I would advise emailing our Admissions team with the dates you hope to visit campus so that they can put you in touch with the relevant department who can give you a course-specific tour of our facilities and perhaps even arrange for you to meet some of the academics that will be teaching you (subject to their availability). You can email the team on [email protected] and they'll be happy to help :smile:

All the best,
Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending