The Student Room Group

Eng lit and lang revision enough?

So aside from everything else i have given eng lit 4 hours a week and eng lang 4 hours a week for the easter holidays.
But now i have realised this means its only an hour a week for each part of the literature exams.
1 hour for blood brothers
1 for merchant of venice
1 for jekyll and hyde
And 1 for all of poetry
Do you think this will be enough?? I am doing about 7 hours a day but still have only gave ict and rs two hours a week each.
Each science has 7 hours a week because i really want to do well
Maths and fm three hours each and french 6 hours because i have a speaking exam after the holidays.

Someone give me some advice please!
your doing great just make sure your revision is ACTUALLY productive.
Reply 2
Original post by flowerslikewhat
your doing great just make sure your revision is ACTUALLY productive.

So one hour a week of each text is enough?
Original post by idkthename

Maybe do a little more for the text you struggle most with?

Yes, but make sure your revision ac works
Reply 5
Remember you will be doing more revision after Easter so plan that time accordingly as well. 4 hours should be fine for Easter but keep revisiting the texts after Easter too.
Reply 6
Original post by Fazzy_77
Maybe do a little more for the text you struggle most with?

I struggle with all apart from poetry and jekyll and hyde which i actually enjoy.
I just plan out answers for theme and character questions.
The questions are only to do with either theme or character right???
I struggle with all apart from poetry and jekyll and hyde which i actually enjoy.
I just plan out answers for theme and character questions.
The questions are only to do with either theme or character right???

Yh it's only theme and character. If you don't struggle with poetry and jekyll and hyde then spend more time on the other two texts. Also, since you enjoy poetry, could you give me a few tips on how to revise for them because it is my worst one.
Reply 8
Original post by Fazzy_77
Yh it's only theme and character. If you don't struggle with poetry and jekyll and hyde then spend more time on the other two texts. Also, since you enjoy poetry, could you give me a few tips on how to revise for them because it is my worst one.

Well depends what you are studying
I am doing the power and conflict cluster and mr bruff has a video on each poem
He also has a video for each of the love and relationships poems
I get a sheet of paper and as i watch the video, i make notes on context, language, form and structure. And the most important of all is listen to what he says about the writers ideas and viewpoints that they are trying to convey in the poem.
These are the most important to listen for as they are needed for a conceptualised response which is vital for a 7-9 answer.
If you are doing something else, then just look at the poem yourself and try to find points about language, form and structure and ideas linked to these points.
If you have time search up the writer and try and find some contextual points about their life and the time they were living in.

Quick Reply

Latest