The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

How about (History) Courses at Brookes?

Hello. I am considering the University Oxford Brookes as one of my choices and wanted to know how (history&philosophy&culture) students feel about the courses and professors there. I would appreciate any sincere experience (disappointing or amazing) concerning academic performances, colleagues, professors' abilities etc. I am not asking it for encouragement, but for understanding the atmosphere there; I value true opinions above all...

Besides, is the diploma recognized as a good diploma (or a mediocre one)? Are there high expectations when it comes to English? Are there any chances for Oxford Brookes graduates to enter prestigious universities after?

Thank you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by petropetro
Hello. I am considering the University Oxford Brookes as one of my choices and wanted to know how (history&philosophy&culture) students feel about the courses and professors there. I would appreciate any sincere experience (disappointing or amazing) concerning academic performances, colleagues, professors' abilities etc. I am not asking it for encouragement, but for understanding the atmosphere there; I value true opinions above all...

Besides, is the diploma recognized as a good diploma (or a mediocre one)? Are there high expectations when it comes to English? Are there any chances for Oxford Brookes graduates to enter prestigious universities after?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Brookes as one of your choices for university!

I'm a current Philosophy student at Brookes and honestly I really love my course. I find that all of my lecturers are extremely supportive and will meet up with you whenever you need any extra help or advice as well as going through work with you.
I find the atmosphere of the course and classes great, we always have great discussions and our lecturers really engage us.

I personally believe that a good classification degree with plenty of work experience and showing passion for your career or subject is more important than a degree from any university in particular. To help students who may want to work abroad after university we not only use traditional degree classifications (1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc.) but we also use GPA which is internationally recognised. Here's some more information: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/students/your-studies/grade-point-average/

If you're worried about English Language requirements for Brookes you can find detailed information here: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/international/applying-to-arriving/how-to-apply/english-language-requirements/
And if you have anymore questions about international applications here are the contact details for our ISAT office who can give you detailed personal information about your application: [email protected]

I hope this all helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions!

All the best,
Catrin
Student Ambassador :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending