The Student Room Group

gcse stress need help

I'm literally all over the place and I have 5 weeks left until my GCSE I need a timetable that I can follow easily that will help me but I can never make a good timetable. Someone help me please?????
I need this too man 😭
Tell me about it. I am having a mental breakdown
624C09E8-5B11-47CC-B257-DE159627E848.jpeg
Original post by m.maevaa
I'm literally all over the place and I have 5 weeks left until my GCSE I need a timetable that I can follow easily that will help me but I can never make a good timetable. Someone help me please?????

Original post by baeornot
I need this too man 😭

Original post by Bathila
Tell me about it. I am having a mental breakdown
624C09E8-5B11-47CC-B257-DE159627E848.jpeg

I can try and help you guys if you want. But tell me how much revision, if any, you have done already, what subjects you take and what do you do to revise
Original post by Chanpanda
I can try and help you guys if you want. But tell me how much revision, if any, you have done already, what subjects you take and what do you do to revise

i’ve done very little revision to the point it’s not worth noting down. I also do copying notes from textbooks for revision and the flash cards from those notes.

If you can do this, you’re absolutely amazing!

0 hours of revision . Subjects I need to revise :

Eng Lang = 4
Maths = 6
Combined science = 6
Religious Studies = 6
ICT = 7
Geography = 6
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bathila
0 hours. Subjects I need to revise

Eng Lang = 4
Maths = 6
Combined science = 6
Religious Studies = 6
ICT = 7
Geography = 6

i’ve done very little revision to the point it’s not worth noting down. I also do copying notes from textbooks for revision and the flash cards from those notes.

Ok both of you need to prioritise the subjects you know that you are struggling with and the ones you need to get good grades in for your future plans (focus on these more as they are more important). Then get your specification or a checklist of topics for each of those subjects and highlight any topics that you don't know at all in one colour and ones that you are slightly unsure of in another. Make a list of all of those things you don't know at all for each subject in simplified terms. Then it's a case of making a revision timetable and allocating those tasks. If there aren't many that you don't know at all, then you start adding the ones that you are slightly unsure of. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else, I'll be happy to help.

Also, that is a very effective way of revising. I would also recommend doing some past paper questions. You don't have to do a full paper or do the questions in timed conditions, just get used to how the exam looks and how questions are worded.
Reply 8

I've done some revision but i feel like i don't do enough in one day like ill only do one topic and everyone else i know switches it up
French - i'm french so i revise like once or twice
Maths
English lit & lang
Bio
Chem
Phys
History
Religious Education
Reply 9
girl literally same x
Original post by m.maevaa
I've done some revision but i feel like i don't do enough in one day like ill only do one topic and everyone else i know switches it up
French - i'm french so i revise like once or twice
Maths
English lit & lang
Bio
Chem
Phys
History
Religious Education

If revising one topic works for you then continue doing it. The reason most people switch it up is because they get bored of doing the same thing for too long but if you don't feel like this then it's fine.

I'd say you probably don't need to worry about French (how are you finding the new spec btw. I did french GCSE last year so did the old spec but from what my teacher said about the new spec it seems so difficult). How are you doing in all your other subjects? If you feel you need to do lots of revision because you dont understand the content then I suggest do what I said in my previous post. If not then do practice questions (old spec ones should be okay as long as the questions relate to new spec content) just to check your understanding and then revise any weak areas.
Ok both of you need to prioritise the subjects you know that you are struggling with and the ones you need to get good grades in for your future plans (focus on these more as they are more important). Then get your specification or a checklist of topics for each of those subjects and highlight any topics that you don't know at all in one colour and ones that you are slightly unsure of in another. Make a list of all of those things you don't know at all for each subject in simplified terms. Then it's a case of making a revision timetable and allocating those tasks. If there aren't many that you don't know at all, then you start adding the ones that you are slightly unsure of. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else, I'll be happy to help.

Thank you so much!!!!🙏🙏
Original post by Bathila
Thank you so much!!!!🙏🙏

No problem. If you need help with anything else just ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest