The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Uni of Surrey/Guildford part time jobs

Hey,

Does anyone know what employability in Surrey is like part-time wise? I would preferably like to work in a bar although I have a Lifeguard qualification that I will renew if need be.

I appreciate any help :smile:
Original post by NSca1998
Hey,

Does anyone know what employability in Surrey is like part-time wise? I would preferably like to work in a bar although I have a Lifeguard qualification that I will renew if need be.

I appreciate any help :smile:

Not really. It'll depend on a number of factors such as your CV and ability to write an application.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Not really. It'll depend on a number of factors such as your CV and ability to write an application.

Yeah I understand that, sorry the question wasn't very clear. I meant in terms of bars offering part time jobs, I'm sure they're in very high competition as there is not an awful lot in Guildford from what I've heard. Hopefully the sports park offer lifeguarding jobs although they don't advertise on their website. Fingers crossed I guess:smile:
Original post by NSca1998
Yeah I understand that, sorry the question wasn't very clear. I meant in terms of bars offering part time jobs, I'm sure they're in very high competition as there is not an awful lot in Guildford from what I've heard. Hopefully the sports park offer lifeguarding jobs although they don't advertise on their website. Fingers crossed I guess:smile:

Hey @NSca1998,

There are a good few restaurants, bars, clubs and pubs in Guildford, and many students choose to work in these alongside their studies to earn some cash. The Students' Union runs recruitment events once per term (normally in October and May) for bar work positions. The SU in particular is a really good place to work as they let you pick your shifts, so you can work more frequently when you don't have much going on, or less when you've got loads of deadlines/exams. I worked in the SU when I was a student at Surrey and absolutely loved it... it gives you the opportunity to make loads of new friends and there's an opportunity to progress to supervisory positions too, which look good on your CV :smile:

Not sure about lifeguarding positions, but I would check with Surrey Sports Park and Guildford Spectrum as they've both got pools. You can tweet the Sports Park here and the Spectrum here, or just google their phone numbers and give them a ring :biggrin:

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 4
Original post by University of Surrey
Hey @NSca1998,

There are a good few restaurants, bars, clubs and pubs in Guildford, and many students choose to work in these alongside their studies to earn some cash. The Students' Union runs recruitment events once per term (normally in October and May) for bar work positions. The SU in particular is a really good place to work as they let you pick your shifts, so you can work more frequently when you don't have much going on, or less when you've got loads of deadlines/exams. I worked in the SU when I was a student at Surrey and absolutely loved it... it gives you the opportunity to make loads of new friends and there's an opportunity to progress to supervisory positions too, which look good on your CV :smile:

Not sure about lifeguarding positions, but I would check with Surrey Sports Park and Guildford Spectrum as they've both got pools. You can tweet the Sports Park here and the Spectrum here, or just google their phone numbers and give them a ring :biggrin:

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Ashley

Thanks Ashley- I'll give them a call:smile:

Niall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending