The Student Room Group

Questions about LLM offers

Hey everyone!!! I am an international student having applied for LLM in UK. I have got three offers respectively form Bristol, Edinburgh and Durham.

All these univrsities are good and have great law schools.
Compared to Bristol and Durham, Edinburgh has better world-wide reputaion while Durham is more better at law concerning the Times' ranking.
Anyway, Durham seems too small a place. When u go abroad, it may be wise to go to a big city where there are more oppotunities and more wonderful life.Bristol and Edinburgh provide better curccumstance.

I am totally confused now
Any suggestions ??
Thanks a lot
Reply 1
Hmmm, I wasn't attracted to Durham at undergraduate level either. However, I would think that circumstances are some what different at prospective LLM level. At the point you have sort of already had your great student experience, haven't you?

I would think that the quality of the course was the most important factor and because I'm unsure about that with respect to the universities you have mentioned, I don't have much to say.

Of course, the counter-argument that is made for Durham is that its only a few minutes away from Newcastle which is a 'big city'. That still didn't clinch it for me though.
Reply 2
Tory_boy
Hmmm, I wasn't attracted to Durham at undergraduate ...

Thank u :smile:
I can't really comment on the other two, but I know someone who did an LLM at Bristol and he was very happy with it.

Sorry if that doesn't help at all :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending