Awww, I feel bad now :frown:.

I'm far too sensitive a person to be mean for that comment :frown:

its ok.
Reply 41
Democracy
I think it means off topic

yup
sunspoon
Just got my 4th 'unsuccessful'. Not feeling good about it, but chances are I'm gonna take my Manchester Chem Eng offer and run.

WTF!!???

That is absolutely gutting. :mad:

I was really really rooting for you and Pepe.

Bloody hell, sorry man. :frown:

Have some +ve rep anyway.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 43
sunspoon
Just got my 4th 'unsuccessful'. Not feeling good about it, but chances are I'm gonna take my Manchester Chem Eng offer and run.

:eek: Sorry to hear that... I had you down as someone who'd get an offer for sure :frown:

I know it's nice to know you have something in place for next year but if you go for Chem Eng you might always have that "what if" feeling. I met so many people at interviews who were reapplicants on a gap year and they all said it was the best thing they'd ever done - most people are successful second time round, and at least then you can honestly say you gave it your best shot. You have tons of time to think it over anyway :smile: Good luck whatever you decide.

I really hope FFCrusader/Democracy/anyone else waiting get good news from their remaining choices!
arpeggio

I really hope FFCrusader/Democracy/anyone else waiting get good news from their remaining choices!

Aww thanks alot :redface:
arpeggio

aww cheers :smile:
sunspoon

Sorry to hear that! I really thought you'd get at least one offer. Maybe taking a gap year is your better option instead of doing a degree you're kinda reluctant about for 4 years...
I understand how you will feel, when everyone else goes to uni and your not. As Im kinda on my 2nd gap year, and I have an offer. I think the best thing to do, is to take time out, have a break and rekindle your passion for medicine- whilst also making money, to support your uni degree.

You went ahead and applied for med, to make a decision to study for over 5 years. Its not something you can decide quickly and because of that, I dont think you should be hasty and decide against it. As the reason why you want to study medicine, is still there, and it will not go away by studing Chemical engineering. You might find, you hate it and do poorly in it.

Im sorry for your bad news.
Reply 48
Feel so ****! Just got a rejection from Bristol, I wanted to go there so bad. I can't actually say how upset I am right now.:frown: I'm still waiting for Keele but at this stage I know what that’s going to be.

:frown:
Reply 49
I Do Not Have to Start A Suicide Cult.
Thank God.
Life Is Good :smile:
coolguy456
Feel so ****! Just got a rejection from Bristol, I wanted to go there so bad. I can't actually say how upset I am right now.:frown: I'm still waiting for Keele but at this stage I know what that’s going to be.

:frown:

You never know, I felt the same way this week. Just wait to hear from Keele.
Reply 51
j4l
OP
well sunspoon hijacked my thread lol more sympathy for me :-( nah only messing.... for anyone who wants to do medicine but didnt get in the first time they owe it to themselves to reapply as long as they get AABc+ I am excited about it all now! just hoping i get better results this year cos this last cycle i knew i wasnt going to get anything cos of my AS grades! im hopefully and if not then ill take chem eng at ucl or bmed somewhere nice!
Reply 52
Folks, just look at all the people who got in second time round - it really does work. :smile:
Or third time! :smile:
Reply 54
Speedbird2008
WTF!!???

That is absolutely gutting. :mad:

I was really really rooting for you and Pepe.

Bloody hell, sorry man. :frown:

Have some +ve rep anyway.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I got 4 rejections and i withdrew my fifth choice, but i changed my my about doing med after i applied as i got some work experience opportunity at the hospital and i didnt like the work. I want to do economics at uni so am reapplyin, i need sum rep LOL, i reckon i lost it cos i tell people the truth even if they dont like it, life aint all bliss so theres no place 4 false hope.
At least now, you really know what you want to do.
Reply 56
graemematt
Or third time! :smile:

I wouldn't mind having degrees coming out of my ears - if I could have afforded it!:p:
I'm possibly getting a forced gap year. It depends if Newcastle decide to offer me a place...

Had rejections from Leeds and PMS (after interview), and then just...been completely ignored by Cardiff (mean Welsh universities, grr). Plus an offer from Leeds for Biochemistry.

Either way, I need AAA...
You only need one offer, and you have 2 to hear from- your not luck is not yet out.
Yeah I know. I'm optimistic about Newcastle, everyone there seemed really relaxed and the interview was textbook (even if my interviewer was a tad strangeee). And apparently they give offers to a high percentage of interviewees...*shrug*

Meh...I'd love to go there though!

Latest

Trending

Trending