The Student Room Group

What to wear for work experience in a hospital?

I've used the search function but everything that came up seemed to be for boys; suit, shirt, tie .. Is this the same for girls too? I have never worn a suit in my life before, so what is the vedict on smart trousers, blouses, skirts etc.. I have only just got my letter saying I've got work experience next week sooo I need to know so I can get something suitable to wear!
If anybody has done work experience like this before, could you let me know what is the done thing :smile: Any help will be much appreciated! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Smart trousers, a smart shirt and smart shoes. That's about it really. You don't have to wear a suit! Just something smart that is comfortable. :smile:
As a volunteer I dress like a tramp and get away with it. Work experience? I wouldn't wear a suit, just something smart. Blouse and jeans would probably see you through fine, though to be on the safe side, wear trousers to start with.
I would wear smart trousers (NOT jeans) and a white, collared shirt.
Reply 4
samrt, yeah, but make sure it's something comfortable and practical if you're gonna be walking all day or whatever.
Reply 5
Yeah, i don't advise jeans either.
On my work exp. i saw lots of patients and it was quite a formal setting.

I went for smart pants (black and tweedy sorts) with a blouse and black flats.
You don't need to wear a suit, just be smart.

EDIT!: this is one of the blouses I wore: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11576137&postcount=6
Reply 6
agree wth the general concensus here - although i dont think you needn't even wear a blouse all the time. Tops like v neck jumpers with camis underneath, or other tops with cardis r just as smart if worn with smart trousers and a pair of flats. Just make sure tops aren't low cut and that they dont show any tummy!! I also think you needn't restrict yourself to simply white blouses if you were to go for the blouse every day - colours are just as smart. You need to look respectable but no need to look over the top - unless you want to and feel more comfortable in a suit! after your first day im sure u will have a better idea anyway!
Reply 7
oops..i mean 'i dont think you need wear a blouse.. ' not needn't!

Latest

Trending

Trending