The Student Room Group

Art GCSE - only sumbitting 2 project files.

Hi,

I've got a bit of a dilema regarding my art coursework, ive only started
2 of the projects, 1 is nearly done and the other has a bit to go,
i am also ok on the exam project, the only thing is i haven't had time
to start the 3rd project file.

which is why i am wondering, is it possible to get an a/a* when only
submitting 2 project files and an exam piece and if yess,
what are the specifications and requirements. will they have to be 2 great projects as opposed to three good ones?

thanks
What exam board are you with? OCR will just give you a U if you haven't completed your coursework, but they have said that you only need to do 2 projects (they told us this Christmas, during Y11, that we don't need to submit three if we don't want to)
Just paint any old crap?
AnythingButChardonnay
Just paint any old crap?

It really doesn't work like that!

Anyways, I think most GCSE Art syllabuses specify that you must give in at least 3 projects, meaning that you will be limited in your grades if you only have two and have little chance of getting an A/A*. However, it depends on the exam board you have. Go on their website and look through the syllabus and it should specify exactly what they want.
Well, I don't do art. But I'd assume it follows the same rules as has been said, where it is better to hand *something* in and get some marks, than hand nothing in and get no marks/a penalty.
Yes, it's better give in something, but in Art you don't get many marks for pretty painting. It the development that counts.
no there's no way you can get an A/A* if you haven't finished the coursework.

At least give it a go, like most people have already said :smile:
Reply 7
If the worst comes to the worst, combine your two project to one and submit your project for the short-course version alongside your exam project, at least you will have a chnace of getting an A/A*. :smile:

And seriously though, short-course and the full GCSE don't have much differenec and doing the short-course won't affect your chance of getting into good universities, and even if you are applying to do an art course at uni, it wouldn't make much difference as long you do Art A-level.

that's what I have been told anyways so good luck!
the wise owl
It really doesn't work like that!

Anyways, I think most GCSE Art syllabuses specify that you must give in at least 3 projects, meaning that you will be limited in your grades if you only have two and have little chance of getting an A/A*. However, it depends on the exam board you have. Go on their website and look through the syllabus and it should specify exactly what they want.

Honestly...I would have thought somebody would have pointed out that the plural of syllabus is syllabi... jokes but honestly I think its kind of essential to have at least three projects in which you make links between all your pieces of work and artists studied.

Latest