The Student Room Group

Guh... dodgy situation

As you can see, I'm doing German as one of my subjects.
My recent progress report gave 100% effort and 100% homework except German. The thing is, we get set homework tasks that I simply don't want to do! I am putting a lot of effort into learning German (and I am actually much better at it, I think I could scrape a C already!), but my teacher is always putting the ideas that the homework has to be done exactly the way she asks us to do in. If I don't, like a couple of week ago, it won't get marked (I didn't use the text with which we started writing an essay - how independent is that?).
Now she's threatening that if I don't do homework that I will be taken out of the exam. Can she really do that?

I've already been having fluctuations about dropping German a long time ago, but decided to keep and go for it, to achieve at least a C.

The scariest thing is: even if I make them not cancel me, what will happen with my speaking assessement? I might not be assessed fairly, especially that she is fed up with my poor homework doing. Can I ask someone else to do it? There are a few other German teachers in the school, and at least one of them has the 'rights' to assess students.

I was told by my mum that my primary school homeroom teacher was like that, and actually hated me when I did things differently and studied independently, without taking advice from some teachers.

Suggest to me what I should do, TSR! :-]
Reply 1
Ok, just jump through your teachers hoops , or ,dump the course. There is no point annoying your teachers in some kind of homework battle. Unfourtunatly it will be your teachers way or the highway. Teachers are far to stubborn and arsey for a student to win any battles.

Latest