The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
FaTcUtEcHeKiEz
hey i got an average of 495 before abstract was taken out and 502 after it was taken out and i hav 2 medicine offers!:biggrin:

Who did you bribe at Kings:eek: They must have taken a real shining to ya:biggrin:
FaTcUtEcHeKiEz
hey i got an average of 495 before abstract was taken out and 502 after it was taken out and i hav 2 medicine offers!:biggrin:

GOSH that's low.

But then, you have an offer of CCC.

So they either loved you, or you have mitigating circumstances.
Still, wow, how'd you do it?
CCC? damn that's low, is that because it's A101?

or that you're just amazing :p:
Isnt A101 graduate entry?
At GKT it's foundation medicine no?
It's the 6 year course I believe? Graduate is A104 or something
Ooooh my bad...
Reply 48
Gingersnap
Southampton told me that they only accept those who applied through clearing, so it seems to me that if you get your grades and someone harshly missed theirs then you're in for a real chance :smile:

when you say they only accept those who applied through clearing, what do you mean?

do u have to be invited to clearing or can anyone do it?

sorry for all the questions. lol.:smile:
jaderocks
when you say they only accept those who applied through clearing, what do you mean?

do u have to be invited to clearing or can anyone do it?

sorry for all the questions. lol.:smile:

Well i wrote to them explaining my situation [rejections etc] and they replied saying that they would only accept those who applied to southampton in clearing 2008, so i wouldnt qualify.

Didn't you say before that they'd said you could apply through clearing? I think that they will only consider those who originally applied to them like you for instance, i mean theres no harm in trying...ring them up and see?
Reply 50
o ok so they only consider the people that applied through ucas to southampton and got asked to apply through clearing. sorry being a bit slow! yeah i'm definately going to try through clearing. i'll claw my way in anyways I can!

does anyone know what cardiff and PMS' policies are on clearing?

Thanks!
I wouldnt bank on Medicine through clearing if the worst comes to the worst. Some places have reserve lists, but even still its quite difficult to get in that way especially if the people they have definately chosen for interview, interview well and take up those places.

Good Luck though ppl! :smile:
Wangers
Who did you bribe at Kings:eek: They must have taken a real shining to ya:biggrin:

LOL didnt bribe no one. yes my interview was ok but then again its the A101- the extended medical degree programme which is 6 years. The first year is spread over 2 years and is intended to give extra support to students. it was meant for students who have low a-level predictions/grades......which i dont have. i was rejected from a100 because of my low ukcat
Gingersnap
Isnt A101 graduate entry?

no...read my above post :smile:
Reply 54
FaTcUtEcHeKiEz
LOL didnt bribe no one. yes my interview was ok but then again its the A101- the extended medical degree programme which is 6 years. The first year is spread over 2 years and is intended to give extra support to students. it was meant for students who have low a-level predictions/grades......which i dont have. i was rejected from a100 because of my low ukcat

Hey you know I was taking the mick, right? No offense meant:p:
jaderocks

does anyone know what cardiff and PMS' policies are on clearing?

Near non existant
Wangers
Hey you know I was taking the mick, right? No offense meant:p:

lol yes :biggrin:
Reply 57
Hey all, jsut to give u all a bit of faith... i app;ied last yr for med, got 4 clean rejections not even an interview despite AAA prediction. I got AABb in my a levels in the summer, reapplied this yr. I had three rejections this year and my last chance was st georges, where i had an interview on tues and have now got an offer. So dont give up, if u want it enough u can reapply like i did, i worked in a special needs school for the yr and iv not regretted it at all now!!
Reply 58
yup 4 rejections! 5th offer from ucl for chem eng but not taking it... and offers for biochem etc etc but again not interested.

ukcat: 630
AS:ABCC - sucked lol
Predictions - AAAC - sucked too
gcse's - 2 A* 4 As Rest Bs

although my ps was filled with stuff i have done... my as is up to AABB now and im looking at getting AABa this yr hopefully and then reapply with more stuff to cram into my PS! and do better on the ukcat considering i coasted through it for some reason last time :-S i was so dopey during it... also doing the bmat and if i do well apply to say ucl... i think im going to get a job at local hospital or the medical center... or a care home!
j4l
... also doing the bmat and if i do well apply to say ucl...

All i can say is that i took the BMAT and it was bloody hard! And you dont get the results until november, meaning you would have applied to ucl on a chance. I did that and only got rejected in march, they didnt mention the bmat but i guess it would have come into it when narrowing down their choices :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending