The Student Room Group

English offers

Has anyone recieved any offers to study English yet? I've applied to Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham, Oxford, Warwick and York, but haven't heard anything yet. My form was processed on Oct 6th and I'm checking UCAS track every few hours! Lol sssaaaaad...
So, anyone had any?
Oooh and we might be getting an English sub-forum! I PMd Ollie (moderator man) and asked, and he said he'd look into it tomorrow! :biggrin: Yaaay thanks Ollie!
Luv Rose xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rose64
Has anyone recieved any offers to study English yet? I've applied to Cardiff, Liverpool, Nottingham, Oxford, Warwick and York, but haven't heard anything yet. My form was processed on Oct 6th and I'm checking UCAS track every few hours! Lol sssaaaaad...
So, anyone had any?
Oooh and we might be getting an English sub-forum! I PMd Ollie (moderator man) and asked, and he said he'd look into it tomorrow! :biggrin: Yaaay thanks Ollie!
Luv Rose xxx

Yay, I want an English subforum! I'm applying to Cardiff, Exeter, Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton and UEA for English. Havent sent my form off yet though. Hopefully I will soon. Can't wait, I want offers! Is Oxford your first choice? What would be your second?
No offers here yet either! I'm praying feverishly that St Andrews will take me :rolleyes: Oxford is my first choice though.

-Becs
Reply 3
~Sam~
Yay, I want an English subforum! I'm applying to Cardiff, Exeter, Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton and UEA for English. Havent sent my form off yet though. Hopefully I will soon. Can't wait, I want offers! Is Oxford your first choice? What would be your second?

Yay subofrum!
Yea, Oxford is my first choice, with Warwick or York in second! :frown: tough unis I know.. I'd love to go to any of them though!
xx
Reply 4
Rose64
So, anyone had any?
Luv Rose xxx

We've applied to four of the same universities! I haven't received any offers (or rejections!) yet, and am - like you - checking every few hours! I've applied to Durham, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, York and Warwick. Which Oxford college are you applying to? I'm applying for Lincoln! Naturally Oxford is my first choice, followed by Durham or York. :smile:
Reply 5
Eeyore
We've applied to four of the same universities! I haven't received any offers (or rejections!) yet, and am - like you - checking every few hours! I've applied to Durham, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, York and Warwick. Which Oxford college are you applying to? I'm applying for Lincoln! Naturally Oxford is my first choice, followed by Durham or York. :smile:

Wow! Lol I'm kind of excited that I have a English buddy but also nervous as now I have competition :tongue: only joking, that's amazing!
I'm applying to Somerville; any ideas when they'll contact us with notification of an interview (or not :confused: )?
I've heard nothing yet, I reeeally want the ucastrack thing to say something (hopefully "offer") next time I check. Lol I think it's still a bit early though.
Reply 6
I'm checking the tracky-thing about 4 times a day! But no offers. Most of the places where I've applied (Oxford, Warwick, Bristol and UCL) interview, so I'll probably get letters calling me to interview (I hope) rather than track updates - but still! My best friend at college has an offer for law at Sheffield, and I'm really jealous that she's got one so soon (although happy for her, naturally!).

Lots of brackets. *smacks self on hand*
Reply 7
Hey Eeyore (lol what's you're actual name?), have you had any kind of confirmation from the unis you applied to that they've recieved your application? I was just wondering as we're applying to some of the same ones and I haven't heard anything!
xxx
Reply 8
Rose64
Hey Eeyore (lol what's you're actual name?), have you had any kind of confirmation from the unis you applied to that they've recieved your application? I was just wondering as we're applying to some of the same ones and I haven't heard anything!
xxx

My real name is Rachel :smile:

And no, I've not received anything! I'm worried!! And still no offers/rejections! :frown:
Reply 9
Eeyore
My real name is Rachel :smile:

And no, I've not received anything! I'm worried!! And still no offers/rejections! :frown:

Yay thanks Rachel! Hmm, it is a bit worrying but I think some unis just choose not to send confirmation letters. It's quite mean of them really! Lol it would make me feel better anyway.

Good luck with offers everyone! I'm still obsessively checking ucastrack; I must cut down.

x x x x :cool:
Reply 10
I just sent my application to my referee last nite so im way behind u guys :frown:
I have received confirmation from Cam and got a card from Manchester to let me know they have my application. Has anyone else?
Reply 12
I got an offer from Glasgow, which is great, but nothing else. I can't bring myself to check UCAStrack, I wait for letters, that way you get some preparation time - it's too immeadiate logging on! Oxford probably won't say anything until they recieve your work, unless your application was so bad they reject you at first sight (my main fear :redface: ). I've applied to Glasgow, Oxford(St. Hilda's), York, Durham, Bristol, Edinburgh. Alot of people seem to have applid to a few similar places for English.
Reply 13
hazzie1
I got an offer from Glasgow, which is great, but nothing else. I can't bring myself to check UCAStrack, I wait for letters, that way you get some preparation time - it's too immeadiate logging on! Oxford probably won't say anything until they recieve your work, unless your application was so bad they reject you at first sight (my main fear :redface: ). I've applied to Glasgow, Oxford(St. Hilda's), York, Durham, Bristol, Edinburgh. Alot of people seem to have applid to a few similar places for English.

You have an offer already...I'm so jealous! Can you put it on my offers thread, I don't like it sitting there empty :frown: lol
Reply 14
hazzie1

:eek: you have an offer! Wow well done, you must be really pleased! I can't believe you're not checking ucastrack; i can't stop checking it! It becomes addictive after a while, lol.

Are you just going to send your written work to Oxford? Or wait till they request it? I've heard nothing from them but I know the deadline is coming up soon. I think I'll just send it after half term.
Reply 15
I've applied to do English at Oxford, Cardiff, Liverpool, Durham, Reading and Sheffiel but so far no offers either... but I sent mine off like a week after yours so I don't know what's happpening there?! Might see you there; which college at Oxford? :smile:
Reply 16
rachied
I've applied to do English at Oxford, Cardiff, Liverpool, Durham, Reading and Sheffiel but so far no offers either... but I sent mine off like a week after yours so I don't know what's happpening there?! Might see you there; which college at Oxford? :smile:

I got a letter from Nottingham yesterday giving me username and password for the tracker on their website; so I haven't been immediately rejected! :biggrin: lol

I've applied to Somerville, what about you? Wooo we should do a TSR meet-up if we get interviews on the same dates (IF - lol don't want to tempt fate!)!! Well, we probably won't.. and will most likely all be at different colleges.. so, silly idea! It would be cool though! :wink:

I hope we can start posting in Sam's offers thread soon!! :tongue:

Rose x x x
Reply 17
Hey, that would be kinda cool IF IF IF we get interviewed! But yea, he odds are against us. The competition is so very harsh; i mean there's 5 applicants to every 1 place!!! Got a letter from Hertford this morning saying that they're looking over my application... doesn't mean they want me for interview though!! Had any other offers yet? And do you have MSN? Good luck, funily enough I have english coursework to be doing!! xx :rolleyes:
Honey, you will get interviewed. They interview most people, just think about the work you have to submit for the moment.
Reply 19
rachied
Hey, that would be kinda cool IF IF IF we get interviewed! But yea, he odds are against us. The competition is so very harsh; i mean there's 5 applicants to every 1 place!!! Got a letter from Hertford this morning saying that they're looking over my application... doesn't mean they want me for interview though!! Had any other offers yet? And do you have MSN? Good luck, funily enough I have english coursework to be doing!! xx :rolleyes:

The competition is tough, but not nearly as bad as at some unis; I think it's Bristol where there's around 10-12 applicants for every place!! :eek:

Thanks Evil Muffin! I definately hope so!! Has anyone sent off their written work yet? I haven't really selected them carefully, I just chose 2 essays that I got 20/20 on!! Hmm maybe I'll rethink.

No offers yet; I should hear from atleast one or two unis any time now (or atleast in the next 1-2 weeks).
I do indeed have MSN - my address is [email protected]

I haven't recieved any confirmation from Somerville :frown: hope that's normal?!

Speak soon! x x x

Latest

Trending

Trending