The Student Room Group

Discouraging Teacher

My teacher is always discouraging me saying i cant get above a C in biology even when i got A last year and is trying to make me sit unit 4 5 and 6 next year because i go to a private college so then he gets extra money. His discouraging behaviour is getting to me and is effecting my revision.......i am seriously annoyed....the fact that he won't enter me maybe for 4 5 and 6 is minor as i can enter my self privately easily and i have revised everything, but he just disturbs my overall revision and flow and makes me feel depressed......im thinking i'll work hard and when i get my A see him and give him a slap honestly.....never seen such a bastard teacher in my life
So you got an A at AS and he's saying you can't get even a C at A2? Yeah, he does sound like a muppet.
Reply 2
Eurgh! JUST DON'T LISTEN TO HIM. *****
Reply 3
Yes my teacher does this. He dosnt care, constantly tells me im a dissapointment this year and that im not achieving yet always goes to the same ppl to anwer questions in the class. He just teachers off powerpoints and is really really negative all the time.

Makes me want to not learn it, which ultimately messes me up!!!!
Reply 4
Wahey, my history teacher is like that! I got full marks in a unit last year and he says that it was a 'fluke' and would not be happy if I got a C overall. Even though I don't even need half marks in one exam "/

Just ignore him, work really hard and shove it in his face. Maybe put plop through his letter box a week later :biggrin:
My economics teacher is rather similar in that respect. She told me (having got an A at AS) that I would probably end up with a grade D at A2 level. We did the jan exams and I got another A (unit4). She still tells me that unit 5 and 6 are killer units, and that for me to get an A, it would take something special.

It's frustrating and can become offputting, but don't let it get to you.
Reply 6
teachers can be like that. i went to a private school and found all the teachers like that i absolutely loath the private school environment. i'm doing my a levels at a state run college where the teachers don't give a damn about silly things like re entering you for their own sakes they just get on with it. just ignore them mate that's all you can do. good luck
You must go to a college where the teachers give a ****.
Reply 8
Prove the muppet wrong.
Reply 9
Eurgh. I hate teachers like this.

Just work hard and prove the *&^%&^% wrong for your own satisfaction. Then rub it in his face subtly after results :biggrin:

I really want to do this with the Japanese teacher I had in years 7-10, she put me down so badly, but I came out with an A at A Level and I really want to rub her face in it.
Reply 10
He sounds awful. Work as hard as you can despite of him. I had a similar problem when I was predicted a C in one of my AS levels and I got an A. Then he predicted me a C/D - I'm actually serious!!!! - for the A2. This went on my UCAS reference for my predicted grades - I got it back. It came up in my Cambridge interview and it nearly completely screwed me. It was difficult for me to complain when I was at the school but I made a formal complaint after I left.

Basically, people like that shouldn't be teachers. And they can mess you up if you don't work hard. He shouldn't be able to stop you taking the exams but I'm told that it's a minimal cost if you take them privately at a school - I think £15 a module.

Good luck!
Hmm, my biology teachers say that alot of students drop one grade in biology going from AS to A2, but thats if you dont put the work in.
Last year I got C's in all of the modules. In january I got an A in mod 1 resit, and and A in mod 4.
Dont let teachers predictions affect you!

My predicted grades for this quarter came back as AAC last week. I went to see the teacher who predicted a C, and she says that she wont predict higher as shes new and it will reflect badly on her if I get a low grade!
Reply 12
Thanks guys, i just needed some encouragement really thanks allot, feeling a lot better now.

Latest

Trending

Trending