The Student Room Group
Reply 1
all i know is that ploughing causes more eutrophication, eg it releases nitrogen so you work it out!!
Reply 2
ploughing increases oxygen levels in soil, therefore nitrifying as they thrive in aerobic conditions. however ploughing also increases nitrogen levels so there is a case for nitrogen fixing.
There is more nitrifyin bateria... just consider why they plough. They want to create perfect conditions for whatever the farmer is growin to grow well. With the ploughin the soil allows nitrifyin bacteria to nitrify the nitrogen. This gives rise to nitrates which is essential as a fertiliser.. I hope Im right .I had to think about it but I lost my brain after my Gcse's prob before actually....... :smile:
I just realised how late I was soz about that :frown:
Reply 5
Fade Into Black
There is more nitrifyin bateria... just consider why they plough. They want to create perfect conditions for whatever the farmer is growin to grow well. With the ploughin the soil allows nitrifyin bacteria to nitrify the nitrogen. This gives rise to nitrates which is essential as a fertiliser.. I hope Im right .I had to think about it but I lost my brain after my Gcse's prob before actually....... :smile:

Yer ur rite bout the nitrates for fertiliser, increases crop yield an all that, except nitrifyin bacteria start with ammonium ions not nitrogen. ammonia to nitrites to nitrates.

Latest

Trending

Trending