The Student Room Group
School is ****, kids work hard. competitive environment cos everyone achieves high. would defo recommend any other school lmao.
Original post by ogalphamale
i know the ratings suggest that QE boys (barnet) is one of the top schools in the country (UK). is this the truth or is there some black market business on the side?
thx
OGalphamale

its a trash school, they themselves rely on you knowing stuff youself
Original post by ogalphamale
i know the ratings suggest that QE boys (barnet) is one of the top schools in the country (UK). is this the truth or is there some black market business on the side?
thx
OGalphamale

I'm a student there myself. My advice: ignore the rumours.
Sure, it's competitive, but there's a reason it's the top school in the country. The education quality is excellent, and we're not all 'robots' like some people think. There are huge opportunities for music and sport for everyone, as well as a range of societies, clubs, leadership opportunities, etc.
The vast majority of people achieve straight A*s at GCSE and many even at A-level - many go on to study at Oxbridge too. All of my friends enjoy it here and would never want to leave. The teachers can be stricter than you might expect and the school is stringent about its rules - but this doesn't limit us from enjoying ourselves.
I don't know what you mean by 'black market business'.
You'll find that the people who criticise it are the ones who didn't get in :wink:
not true bro, im also a student at qe and am in my last year now, the place has a very overbearing element of control throughout the whole skill, and the mental stress it forces on students is pointless, you yourself seem to have fallen into the elitist attitude that many at the school develop thinking that they are better than others simply for being here, the school has a long history with drug use , but this expected of any school that draws in a predominantly middle class/ upper middle class crowd. whilst i am vocally against the practices and the strange strange methods of the school in terms of a formal education i have no doubt that it offers one of the best on the country, BUT this comes with the downsides of a horrible horrible environment to study and spend your teenage years in.peace and love people, any future or existing students at the school just know that if you think you're reactingstrangley to a nice working envirnoment you are wrong. What you are experiencing is what countless of us have gone through, for more info google the truth about qe boys theres a nice early 00s website that has more in depth reports of the school from an earlier time
Reply 5
Original post by username5315584
I'm a student there myself. My advice: ignore the rumours.
Sure, it's competitive, but there's a reason it's the top school in the country. The education quality is excellent, and we're not all 'robots' like some people think. There are huge opportunities for music and sport for everyone, as well as a range of societies, clubs, leadership opportunities, etc.
The vast majority of people achieve straight A*s at GCSE and many even at A-level - many go on to study at Oxbridge too. All of my friends enjoy it here and would never want to leave. The teachers can be stricter than you might expect and the school is stringent about its rules - but this doesn't limit us from enjoying ourselves.
I don't know what you mean by 'black market business'.
You'll find that the people who criticise it are the ones who didn't get in :wink:

Teachers are TRASH.

Latest

Trending

Trending