The Student Room Group

Learning support strategies

Unit 5, task 9 says select and demonstrate learning support strategies to meet the needs of learners. Could I use interventions as an example or are they asking to show how you adapt to assist a child with autism or dyslexia for example? Thank you
Original post by Twiglets77
Unit 5, task 9 says select and demonstrate learning support strategies to meet the needs of learners. Could I use interventions as an example or are they asking to show how you adapt to assist a child with autism or dyslexia for example? Thank you

the question could fit both really.
Reply 2
Thank you
Original post by Twiglets77

Meeting the needs of learners doesn't always mean SEN, every child will have individual needs. This will be about how you see the children as individuals and how you provide for their needs with the strategies you use. Interventions are one way of delivering for individual needs, it is also good to show how you have judged, pitched and assessed that intervention alongside the impact it is having for the child. Another way is showing how you have or could adapt an activity that you could do with a group that may have a range of needs. How are you going to use your support effectively? How can you adapt the task? How can you change the outcome for that individual child?

Hope that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending