The Student Room Group

AQA English Past Paper!!!!!!!

Hey everyone I've been trying to find some past papers for the paper 1 exam next week but I can't get anything at :s-smilie: on the AQA website it only shows the second paper about poems from other cultures and all that shiz but I theres nothing to do with the paper about the non-fiction media stuff and writing to argue, advise, persuade. If anyone knows anywhere I could find this first paper I'd be very grateful :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, I was looking for that a few weeks ago and they can't put stuff up there cos the articles and adverts are copyrighted. It is a real bummer and the only way to get around it would be to ask your school cos they can buy the exams but if you are like me then you have probably done all of them in class. If you want practice then I suggest printing an article off the internet and anotating it with fact and opinion and try to follow and explain the writers arguement.
Reply 2
ahh yeh i thought it mite be something like that, ahh well cheers for ur help anyways
Reply 3
Hi
Ive only done two of these papers, is there no where on the internet where you can get the rest becuase im on half term and my schools closed, and the english exam is pretty much the day after half term ends?
Thanks
Reply 4
I would like to know this too.

I have just noticed that they are missing from the AQA website.
Reply 5
No, I have tried multiple search terms and there is not many stuff on the torrents and you run the risk of being accused of cheating if you are found.
Reply 6
Stingy or what all they have is the mark schemes for paper 1 :mad2:
Go find an article in a newspaper and evaluate it, look at the purpose etc. If you need practice for paper 1 then it is a good substitute I think. Sorry I can't help you with finding the mysterious location of the papers!
Reply 8
I found there is one in my english text book, which is the heinman english GCSE and there is one on the BBC bitesize websites, these are just sample papers not past papers.
Reply 9
I've got some paper ones at home if anyone wants me to type up the questions?
Reply 10
Oh! yes please!!!! i am looking for exam questions as well!
Nayberay
I've got some paper ones at home if anyone wants me to type up the questions?

Oh yes please!!! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Ok guys..I'll have to find them first as they are in storage somewhere my room :eek: which will take a little bit of a while.If I can't find them I'm sorry but this Sat I'm going into school for revision so I'll probably be able to get some :biggrin:

For now if you guys want I can type up some similar questions from the Letts GCSE exam secrets-English Book.
Exactly the same questions but just from Letts
:biggrin:
Reply 13
i have found that the markschemes on the aqa website actually gives the question! they don't provide the texts though but you can find most of them on the internet
Where cos I have tried looking and i could really do with the practice
Reply 15
For copyright reasons it is only possible to publish GCSE English Specification A 3702 Paper 2 examination papers on the AQA Website.

Thats what I got one searching on the AQA website aswell. They only have the mark schemes.
Yeah, but it means that I can't do paper 1 section B practice which is a bummer as I don't need the booklet.
Reply 17
TO BE HONEST I FEEL FOR YOU MATE. Don't take it sarcastically though, becuase i also need practice
Reply 18
it's inside the markscheme booklet if you look closely, above each grid thing are the questions! but you have to find the texts yourself, oh and the section B questions are on there as well. just check every page and you will find them!
Reply 19
AQA are useless!

For the media paper, even if you don't have a past paper, look for the use of:
+ fact
+ opinion
+ structure
+ layout
+ colour
+ font
+ images

Make a few notes to yourself from a passage or advert you've chosen. For example, compare an article from the BBC about how smoking affects skincare (there's one on there from 2000), and a Neutrogena advert for skincare. Pick out similarities and differences and analyse why they're different (purpose and audience), and how they achieve their aim through their use of the above list (fact, opinion etc). :smile:

Think up some questions for yourself for Section B, e.g, 'Secondary schools should open at midday - argue your point, giving reasons for the opposite point of view'. Remember whether you're arguing, persuading or advising to put references to popular culture, anecdotes, triples (three alliteration words), fact (can be made up), opinion, etc.

Latest