The Student Room Group

The Generic Gaming Thread

Scroll to see replies

I got a few games during the steam sales as I only buy games on sale and I try to stock up to tide me over to the next one.

I brought Dredge which I absolutely loved. I was only sad it wasn't longer. I am looking forward to the DLCs though as the devs are going to release some over the coming year.

I brought Control which Im having a harder time getting into. The premise is all very cool and its always nice to see a female protagonist but the combat is difficult for so early on in the game.

Uncharted Theifs End was absolutely fantastic and up there with games like Stray and Dead Space for me. Im playing lost legacy right now but having a harder time getting into the story.

I also brought Horizon Zero Dawn which I am yet to start.
Reply 101
Original post by CoolCavy
I got a few games during the steam sales as I only buy games on sale and I try to stock up to tide me over to the next one.

I brought Dredge which I absolutely loved. I was only sad it wasn't longer. I am looking forward to the DLCs though as the devs are going to release some over the coming year.

I brought Control which Im having a harder time getting into. The premise is all very cool and its always nice to see a female protagonist but the combat is difficult for so early on in the game.

Uncharted Theifs End was absolutely fantastic and up there with games like Stray and Dead Space for me. Im playing lost legacy right now but having a harder time getting into the story.

I also brought Horizon Zero Dawn which I am yet to start.

Have you started Horizon Zero Dawn yet? If no, you must play it.
Original post by .Vvoid.
Have you started Horizon Zero Dawn yet? If no, you must play it.

Yes! I thought it was brilliant so far but I have got to a section that i'm stuck on so i've put it down for now :frown: I'm about 11 hours in
Reply 103
Yes! I thought it was brilliant so far but I have got to a section that i'm stuck on so i've put it down for now :frown: I'm about 11 hours in

What part are you stuck on? Do you remember where you are on the map?

If your struggling with a keyboard, if recommend getting a dualsense ps5 controller as you can use it on pc (if you're not using a controller already)
Recently completed all Kingdom hearts games (minus 3's dlcs)

Also finished the fusion / xyz festival on master duel. Pretty much just logging onto that. Gta online and gbo2 to collect easy gems (ie 10-20 minutes a week on each game).

Am debating if I should get Mortal Kombat 1, armored core 6 as I have some free time but don't want it detracting too much from work.
In any case, I'm getting spiderman 2 next month and looking forward to that and gta online 10 year anniversary dlc
(edited 7 months ago)
Speaking of master duel, purreleys are so cute!
Easily my fav xyz deck (despite my one not being full power as I do not have all the cards).

Curious to know everyone's favourite archetypes and summoning mechanics for yugioh.

Hands Down my fav mechanic is synchro summons and my decks are either swordsoul tenyi, Or my fav one which somehow is more consistent, junksoul (junk + synchros + swordsoul). Synchrons seem to be a viable rogue deck in the meta game again thanks to new support but swordsouls are still tier 1 / swordsoul tenyi came runner up in the world championships this year for the irl card game / was featured in master duel world finals.

Fusion - pretty much the whole albaz lore belongs here as branded despia is ridiculously strong and albaz is a super poly which can be negated. Personally the deck I played in the fusion xyz festival I added d hero for dark phoenix enforcers to it, also tearlaments, ishizu and kashtira all slotted in nicely as they were limited to 1.

Xyz - purrelys. Essentially zoodiac on steroids but with cute kittens. Has a tenancy to brick but is generally amongst the most competitive decks since release in the meta game.

Link - whilst dragon link is the deck everyone seems to go for since the revolver structure deck came out years ago, I always have a habit of bricking with it, thus tend to avoid it. For me, I love playing code talkers as that was somehow the 1St complete deck I had in master duel / got supplanted by synchros when majestics got support.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest