The Student Room Group

PGCE hell

Teaching in schools is hell. Avoid.

PGCE hell

Original post by mgi

Moved to teaching

It would be useful if you could elaborate on your experiences as a teacher if you want your post to have any kind of impact or get some kind of response.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Moved to teaching

It would be useful if you could elaborate on your experiences as a teacher if you want your post to have any kind of impact or get some kind of response.

Ok. Planning 20 lessons per week, marking books and projects, recording data, pastoral duties, giving detailed feedback to student's , parents evenings for each year group that you teach. Attending staff meetings. Parental complaints . Poor or demanding student behaviour. Weak leadership at departmental and senior leadership level. Lot of administrative tasks such as recording of and analysis of data. Poor salaries. Stress levels very high. Lack of collegiality amongst staff ie 'i am more efficient than you' Regular political interference! When you become a teacher you have very little time to pursue anything else. I would argue that the teaching 'profession' is not actually a profession. I would never recommend it to anyone else. Glad i got out! A good plumber or locksmith gets more money than a newly qualified teacher! And far less hassle and disrespect from people many of whom are obsessed with amount of holidays teachers get; the summer holiday of 6 weeks is the only real holiday they get. Pgce- not recommended!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending