The Student Room Group

I have received interviews for UCL and Roehampton for PGCE (Primary)

I have received interview dates to the following unis for PGCE's but as an Irish applicant I'm scared to what they will ask. Is there any certain key terms and theories I should research before hand? Could any one please advise me on this as I really want to succeed and start the course in September. Any information at all will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Vivienneisabella
I have received interview dates to the following unis for PGCE's but as an Irish applicant I'm scared to what they will ask. Is there any certain key terms and theories I should research before hand? Could any one please advise me on this as I really want to succeed and start the course in September. Any information at all will be greatly appreciated.

They might ask you how much you know about the English system. Is this for Primary or Secondary?
It is for Primary. I'm scared there's certain theories and terms I'll need to know. I seen a forum before where people were talking about things like SEN and MFL. I'm not really sure how I can prepare if i don't know much about these terms and I'm kinda lost why they were asked to talk about them.
Original post by Muttley79
They might ask you how much you know about the English system. Is this for Primary or Secondary?
Original post by Vivienneisabella
It is for Primary. I'm scared there's certain theories and terms I'll need to know. I seen a forum before where people were talking about things like SEN and MFL. I'm not really sure how I can prepare if i don't know much about these terms and I'm kinda lost why they were asked to talk about them.

SEN = special educational needs - often classes have a TA [teaching assistant] or a LSA [learning support assistant] to support groups of pupils or an individual
EAL English as an additional language
MFL = modern foreign language - every school teaches a language in KS2 [Year 3 to Year 6]

I would look at the Primary curriculum - ask away :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Would be okay to just know these terms?Like do I have to know how they are used or different scenarios or something? I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question, im just worried I won't have what they're looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending