The Student Room Group

Stupid Exam Mistakes...?

Most of us are sitting our exams now, and lots of them, and i reckon there must be a lot of people out there kicking themselves for writing something stupid, or not doing something important etc, so why not have a thread to share all this stuff and console each other!

I'll start, I have made two big errors:
1) Geography paper. I left out a question that i wasn't sure of the answer to, and then totally forgot about it until i handed in my paper. Fortunately it was only a one mark question, but still, that was a very idiotic thing to do.

2) In the English language AQA Spec B Paper 2 exam, i wrote in an essay that i have just spent a month in ethiopia immunising children against malaria :confused: :s-smilie: . But at least i will have given the examiner a laugh!

So, any stupid answers? Any frustrating realisations?...:wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
DalekLover

1) Geography paper. I left out a question that i wasn't sure of the answer to, and then totally forgot about it until i handed in my paper. Fortunately it was only a one mark question, but still, that was a very idiotic thing to do.

lol I did that with the AQA Maths Calculator Paper but it was one worth three marks :frown:
Reply 2
Not comparing poems in a comparing poems question
My mate spent the history paper trying to do all 3 questions in his topic area, so missed out Britain in world war two completely :rolleyes:
Reply 4
I forgot to put brackets round the division part when using the quadratic formula and i knew it was wrong when i was doing it :frown:
Reply 5
Not realising it said WRITE USING THESE HEADINGS instead of THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS in your answer. I'd rather they tried not to help me.

I always get paranoid I've missed something out, hasn't happened yet though. :cool:
Ooh thats quite bad..heh I changed a 3 mark answer in maths when I made the exact same mistake in the mock and stil didnt learn from it
Reply 7
Doing stupid mistakes in maths. I.e taking away VAT instead of adding it.

At least Ill get the marks for working out, but still...
i wrote colourless to blue not blue to colourless for starch in titration

i knew the corect answer but i wrote the wrong one because i had seen some dumbo say it on the studentroom

that was one mark

a possible tie-breaker

:frown:
Reply 9
Another stupid thing i did in a different english paper was i said that every day there are only twenty car related accidents in the whole of britain :biggrin: . I said that there were thirty bike related accidents ( i had to prove that cycling is more dangerous than driving a car)

Totally believable...the examiner will never guess that i am wrong :wink:
tomen123
i wrote colourless to blue not blue to colourless for starch in titration

i knew the corect answer but i wrote the wrong one because i had seen some dumbo say it on the studentroom

that was one mark

a possible tie-breaker

:frown:

Haha, that's why I try not to read what people put when I've already revised.
Just incase.
Reply 11
adam_1234
Not realising it said WRITE USING THESE HEADINGS instead of THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS in your answer. I'd rather they tried not to help me.

I always get paranoid I've missed something out, hasn't happened yet though. :cool:

was that for wjec english?? cos if it was i did that too! :frown:
Reply 12

SAME!

i dont know what the hell i was thinking =[!
Reply 13
has to be in french lisytening yesterday...I put the right options down then crossed them out and changed them!:angry:
Reply 14
Loads.

Maths, more maths, history...
uhh french, german..
physics today..
biology as well..

basically every subject

maybe sleep deprivation is taking its toll..

xx
marshallj

I did that today :smile:

(WJEC English Paper 2)
GCSE Maths- can't remember the exact question but it was a number in brackets to the power of something...didnt realise the indice was in slightly smaller font, so ended up multiplying them instead!!!
Reply 17
When I was arguing that old people are the problem in society, not the young people, I wrote: The water old people use to keep their teeth in is enough drinking water for the people of Zimbabwe for a day...

I also wrote that same essay that an old man shouts if he doesn't have his alcohol in the fridge by 3pm.

Yeah, that was pathetic.

Uhm in Science, i tried to be clever and put 2o2- + 2e- => o2, when it should be 4e- (I put that at the start then rubbed it out!!! Grrr!)

In maths I drew 3x^2 as 1/3x^2.

I also wrote that the narrator in "The Laboratory" is a homosexual with very little (only a line of two) to back it up and explain it.

In my Geography exam, I said there was a flood in London that happen a good 30 years after I wrote, and I made up facts that sounded silly.

The list goes on and on...

I read the question wrong in Geography, I thought it said: Why do volcanoes cause more damage than other disasters, but it really said Why do some volcanoes cause more damage than others... :s-smilie:

SO many mistakes... but I keep thinking about the exam after I do it, so I guess it's normal to find mistakes when over-anaylising.

I also said in 'Describe a dream world question' that I had communist views, lol.
Reply 18
If I recall correctly, two years ago I wrote in my German exam, an entire essay on how fat people were marginialised in society. I think I got "dick" and "dumm" confused...The essay was supposed to be about stupid people in society :P I got a good mark anyway, cause it was a good essay, but on the wrong thing! Needless to say, I dropped german...
Today however I did a maths exam. Answered a question, thought the answer was too small a number, barred it out and started again with a different method. I found out after that my first method was right >:frown:
I also wrote about the Da Vinci code in my English exam on literature...*cringe* I dissed it though, not praised it!
For German Listening:

What is wrong with the item?

My answer: A shoe is missing.

Bong!

Latest