The Student Room Group

What's the perfect response to 'Why would you like to work here?'

So I'm finally looking for a job without any previous experience. Can someone give me some sort of template or something which can help me write an answer to this question? Thanks.
cuz i want to innit
Tell them you want to have money to be able to pay for electricity and wifi so that you can look at dank memes on reddit
Original post by sunflowers21
So I'm finally looking for a job without any previous experience. Can someone give me some sort of template or something which can help me write an answer to this question? Thanks.

I guess it depends what kind of job you’re going for, but here’s some basic things to try/consider that might give you some ideas:

Google the business you’re applying to work for, see if they have any initiatives like charity work that makes them appealing.

Have you read online or heard from someone that they have a pleasant environment to work in?

Have you been to their yourself as a customer/client and been impressed with the staff?

Does this job seem like a good place to utilise the skills (if not experience) that you have? Are you a people person and this job has a lot of customer interaction?
Cuz im gonna pay ur mum 2 suck my d*** wiv YOUR money bruv looooooooooooooooool
I'd say something along the lines of gaining experience and being a service to the public. Then I'd say something about how I love being a service to others so being paid to do so is the cherry-on-top incentive. I'd then say a few facts about the company from research and to suggest that I'm interested in the specific business.
wow, I'm definitely going to use this thanks
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Cuz im gonna pay ur mum 2 suck my d*** wiv YOUR money bruv looooooooooooooooool
It’s a really poor interview question that invites bland generic answers. So try to think of something original to you.
Original post by sunflowers21

It's an easy opening question which shows you whether the interviewee has put any thought into their application. Some options are -

Because the work combines some aspect of your education and your interests eg I want to work in the zoo because I've got a degree in Zoology and I am interested in conservation and lions.

Because you like the product eg I buy a lot of my clothes from here, or I like the fashion, or you seem to keep up with technology better than others.

Because of something they offer eg I took French at A level and I really like the opportunity this role might give to work in your Paris office, or I heard that there is the chance of promotion and a good career progression within the company.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending