The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist or Biomedical Scientist?? Degree at UWS

Hey thereHope some of you lovely people can help me with some Qs that are giving me a sore head!I have a BSc Honours in Anatomy and a Masters in Medical Technology. After uni I worked in research in rehabilitation/physiotherapy. But after a lot of thought, research and work experience I have decided I would like to become a healthcare scientist. I'm interested in biochemistry and genetics as well as physiology from my undergraduate studies but I am not sure what my best move now would be. I have looked at the accredited MSc in Advanced Biomedical Science at Uni of West of Scotland which would give me lab skills and experience and I would be able ot apply for entry level roles as a Biomedical Scientist. Can anyone advise what the career steps would be after graduating? I'm also looking at the NHS STP and wondered what the differences are between this and a biomed scientist?? It is a huge commitment to go back to uni for another year at this stage in my life and I'm wondering if it is necessary if I am to apply to the STP? Would evening or short courses in the subject areas be as valuable in my application?Thank you in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending