The Student Room Group

Age bracket - salary position

What's a typical salary that I should be earning within the corporate sector at the age of 28-30.. providing that I'm working within the tech / telecommunication industry.. post MBA as well..

Considering graduate salaries are 30-35K in the tech/telecommunication industries.. (Amazon, IBM, Vodafone, BT)
There are too many variables to be able to answer. It'll depend on where, which company, your skills, ability,, the value that you bring to your employer, your boss' competence, etc.
Original post by Aran2121
What's a typical salary that I should be earning within the corporate sector at the age of 28-30.. providing that I'm working within the tech / telecommunication industry.. post MBA as well..

Considering graduate salaries are 30-35K in the tech/telecommunication industries.. (Amazon, IBM, Vodafone, BT)

this is a silly question.

there are 21 year olds making £150k, there are 40 year olds making £20k. age is a complete non-factor.

you can only answer this question when you hone it down to a specific career path, a specific talent market and a specific level.

someone going into i-banking post-MBA will make c.£150-180k all-in first full year as an assoc. someone going into consulting might make c.£100k all-in as an assoc/consultant. someone going into tech might also make c.£100k all-in.

the MBA interns at my company make about the equivalent of £70k a year working in corp strat for reference.

also even post-UG this swings wildly. established, name brand companies rhay have high hiring bars in already high paying career paths will pay way more than the average £25-35k grad scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending