The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
WestHamJake
Forget going Spuds. No atmosphere at all, they have a little drummer boy in the corner of the ground to try and start up some noise... mickey mouse. :biggrin:

Boleyn Ground all the way darling. Can see first hand the abuse we'll give Bellamy. :mad: :wink:

He got a good bit of abuse from the geordies I dont think he would mind too much :smile:

Can't stand drums at matches. Don't actually mind West Ham so might go down for it.

Work permitting :cool:
Fair enough and nah it won't effect a player like Bellamy, he gets it everywhere and is the type of player who will just shrug it off. How often you get to games and where do ya work? :smile:
Reply 382
Only been to home games this season, work in a hotel so everytime I get myself a ticket I end up being in at the same time, manager starts fuming when I tell her I cant work it.
Reply 383
Played absolutely MINCE today, what an awful awful game. Couldn't have complained about losing that at all. McGeady was about the only player I noticed today, and he spent most of the time falling over.

Sheridan on for Skippy: WHAT-THE-****? Taking a striker off for a worse one is NOT an attacking sub. Why didn't he come on for a defender or midfielder? When will Strachan realise he can play formations other than 4-4-2?

The only positive to take was the fans, who were in full voice from 0 to 90 despite the awful match. Great to hear Boys of the Old Brigade too, well in bhoys.
Reply 384
Pish match, starting to throw away daft points.
What utter dross, we all knew ICT would step up their game with Butcher just in the door and we failed to respond. One shot on target?!? Shocking. Ran home from work and caught the last half-hour, in that period I would say McGeady and Brown were good, pass-marks for Crosas and Hinkel and everyone else played badly. Clean sheet for us, but how? ICT should have scored with 2 unmarked players in the box.

Come on Celtic, if we lose this league it will be a disgrace.
What utter dross, we all knew ICT would step up their game with Butcher just in the door and we failed to respond. One shot on target?!? Shocking. Ran home from work and caught the last half-hour, in that period I would say McGeady and Brown were good, pass-marks for Crosas and Hinkel and everyone else played badly. Clean sheet for us, but how? ICT should have scored with 2 unmarked players in the box.

Come on Celtic, if we lose this league it will be a disgrace.
Shame for the bigot bhoys that.
brapboybrap
Shame for the bigot bhoys that.

Seeing as this is a Celtic thread, why don't you keep out?

Your bigot bhoys comment shows your ignorance, by the way.

0/10
Celtic_Anthony

Your bigot bhoys comment shows your ignorance, by the way.

0/10

Mark Walters, Pro terrorism songs, anti proddie songs and anti proddie attitudes says differently.
brapboybrap
Mark Walters, Pro terrorism songs, anti proddie songs and anti proddie attitudes says differently.

Mark Walters was a) a long time ago and b) a watershed moment that has never been repeated and prompted apologies from the Club and fans' groups alike. Pro-terrorism songs are well and truly in decline since Fergus, have little relevance and the merits of them being labeled bigoted is debatable. As for "anti-proddie" songs, well, a Protestant like myself wouldn't be indulging in them, hasn't ever heard them and hasn't seen reference to them, care to bring them to my attention?

As I said, 0/10.
Celtic_Anthony
Mark Walters was a) a long time ago and b) a watershed moment that has never been repeated and prompted apologies from the Club and fans' groups alike. Pro-terrorism songs are well and truly in decline since Fergus, have little relevance and the merits of them being labeled bigoted is debatable. As for "anti-proddie" songs, well, a Protestant like myself wouldn't be indulging in them, hasn't ever heard them and hasn't seen reference to them, care to bring them to my attention?

As I said, 0/10.

You obviously have your head in the sand when it comes to Celtic. If you think your club is perfect then there is no point even trying to argue with you.
brapboybrap
You obviously have your head in the sand when it comes to Celtic. If you think your club is perfect then there is no point even trying to argue with you.

You do realise that you are the one that has given up the argument? You made points and they were contradicted/asked for evidence. If you fail to do this then it shows you up big time. I've never said Celtic was a perfect club, but you've completely failed to prove otherwise.
Reply 393
"brapboybrap" has been made to look a numpty several times already on the site. He brings up baseless points and fails to respond when they're shot down. I don't know who he supports but with his level of ignorance and lack of intelligence he wouldn't feel out of place on the slopes of Ibrox.
Celtic_Anthony
You do realise that you are the one that has given up the argument? You made points and they were contradicted/asked for evidence. If you fail to do this then it shows you up big time. I've never said Celtic was a perfect club, but you've completely failed to prove otherwise.

I mention racism, you act as if it is excuseable, I mention pro terrorist songs, you say it is getting better. It may be getting better but it still ******* happens. Not to mention the walk out during the minutes silence for our war heroes, the singing of songs like DOB, etc etc etc.
TOSCS
"brapboybrap" has been made to look a numpty several times already on the site. He brings up baseless points and fails to respond when they're shot down. I don't know who he supports but with his level of ignorance and lack of intelligence he wouldn't feel out of place on the slopes of Ibrox.

I never back down from an argument and I admit when i am wrong. You get to Celtic Park much do you?
Reply 396
Well consider me backing down from this one, I don't consider you worth my time and I would suggest anyone else in this thread who has an IQ greater than their shoe size not bother lowering themselves entertaining your pathetic wind-ups.
TOSCS
Well consider me backing down from this one, I don't consider you worth my time and I would suggest anyone else in this thread who has an IQ greater than their shoe size not bother lowering themselves entertaining your pathetic wind-ups.

Yet i am the one who backs down when they have been proved wrong. Oh the irony.
brapboybrap
I mention racism, you act as if it is excuseable, I mention pro terrorist songs, you say it is getting better. It may be getting better but it still ******* happens. Not to mention the walk out during the minutes silence for our war heroes, the singing of songs like DOB, etc etc etc.

Racism is not excusable, of course not. However, one racist incident in a club's entire history, followed by sincere apologies and then subsequently the signing and acceptance of several players of different races, is not indicative of a bigoted support and holds no weight whatsoever in an argument.

There are some within the Celtic support that support the Provisional IRA and choose to sing about them. If you can explain to me why it is bigoted to sing about the PIRA, just to make sure you are capable of competent debate on the issue, we'll take this further.

The walk-out during the minutes silence happens to have been roundly booed and had a very low participation. Of course, you would know this if you had actually done your research yourself as opposed to posting opinions and thoughts that go unchallenged on the MBs and tabloids you read them in. I'm not going to have a go at those who chose to show their unhappiness with Armistice commemorations, it's a personal choice. However, the actions of a very small minority again hold little weight in this argument.

As for DOB, the only appearance that has ever had is in the "Cheer up" song that I haven't heard in ages, not since Eck perhaps. Anyway, I don't agree with it, but you'd really have to go further than name the song to try and prove your claim.

In all honesty, your argument is terrible. You have made a claim and then made a list of further points to try and back it up. You haven't clarified any of the points nor evidence them and when challenged on certain points you have failed to further them any. You can't just list arguments, not go into any depth and finish with "etc etc" and expect to be taken seriously.
TOSCS

I'll try and step-up, but might lose interest and stick FM on. I just can't let morons go unchallenged.

Quick Reply

Latest