The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Don_Scott
Almost all German clubs have great fans. The Bundesliga is class.

Yup, well apart from the neo-Nazis. Much cheaper tickets too.

Have to laugh at these English Premiership fannys who harp on about how theirs is the best league in the world. Yeah, the overpaid foreigners on the pitch might be some of the best players, but it's crap in the stands so who cares.
Bundesliga is improving in quality as well, will be better than Serie A next year and will keep on rising. My fave league after La Liga for entertainment- both have some amount of goals.
Reply 782
Jim-ie
Vigilanties won't do anything anymore either

Shooting a paedophile in the legs sends out a pretty clear message to the community. Personally they should have put it between his eyes but there you go. Similarly, I know one fairly high ranking volunteer who's stuffed ah and grenade down the pants of a drug dealer. ****ing mental, but it does more than the Gards or RUC will achieve.
I thought that the Bundesliga had the highest goal to game ratio for like 15 years running?

Might need to look that up.
Reply 784
could learn a lot from bundesliga, terracing, drinking and smoking in the stands, standing, amazing stadiums, different culture between the fans and players, i was watching the man city fan forum between about 100 fans, the manager, chief exec and two players and vincent kompany was saying the players are a lot closer to the fans, theyre on the same wavelength, in germany.

when hamburg sent us out of the cup their keeper went over, grabbed a mic and started chanting with them and the entire team went over too. can you picture rooney or adebayor doing that? dont think so.

will be going to a good bundesliga game next time im in germany,
Reply 786
Celtic and Chelsea fan forever here.

Always get slagged for being a glory-hunter but I dont actually care cos Ive been a tim since birth and Chelsea since I was 6 so I can take it.

Anyways Im ready for the match tonight - no screw ups please lads.

And someone mentioned a few posts back about samaras being carp - I disagree, I love the big man and think when he actually plays he can be immense.
Jim-ie
could learn a lot from bundesliga, terracing, drinking and smoking in the stands, standing, amazing stadiums, different culture between the fans and players, i was watching the man city fan forum between about 100 fans, the manager, chief exec and two players and vincent kompany was saying the players are a lot closer to the fans, theyre on the same wavelength, in germany.

when hamburg sent us out of the cup their keeper went over, grabbed a mic and started chanting with them and the entire team went over too. can you picture rooney or adebayor doing that? dont think so.

will be going to a good bundesliga game next time im in germany,

I'm fluent in German so I would like to go live in Germany and get a 200 euro season ticket.
Reply 788
Don_Scott
I'm fluent in German so I would like to go live in Germany and get a 200 euro season ticket.

I'm learning it so wouldnt mind moving there. I was going to go over for the Schalke match with City but my passport didnt come in on time (still not got it..........................), would have got a ticket too. Amazing stadium, what I seen of it anyway on TV.
Anyway, I think it'll be 1-1 tonight.

Celtic to score first and then Dundee Utd to score on the break.
Reply 790
I've money on us to score 3 and Samaras to get one. I'm ridiculously unlucky when it comes to gambling, so I've decided to start betting on the opposite to what I think will happen... so in reality it's gonna be 1-0 with Skippy scoring :wink:
United were unlucky.

Should have took their chances.
Pressure is on you, a win is a win at this stage.
Pressure is on everybody.
That'll do nicely :smile:. Just gotta hope the dark side slip up now.
Reply 795
Don_Scott
United were unlucky.

Should have took their chances.

In what way? Like any team behind, they pressed forward more than we did, but we were never in danger of not scoring. Their goal came from dreadful marking as usual.
Don_Scott

Rangers have had plenty of asian players (Mols?) and plently of asian fans.

:rofl:

With regards to the IRA, they were needed at one time. Can you imagine if a country came over and took control of the country, obviously the people would create a resistance group for the people.

However, in modern times they are not needed, these issues can be worked out politically.
Celtic_Anthony
And cheers for the rep, whomever it was.

Leave a name with the rep people. Whoever negged this seems to be afraid I'd make them my bitch.
And Mols is Dutch is he not? :toofunny:

This is brilliant, my vote for Don_Scott as best new member, sheer comedy value.

Oh I'd rather shag a sheep than Mrs Mols...
Reply 799
i repped you, wasnt a neg though.

Quick Reply

Latest