The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Excellent game. Well done celtic!
:woo:

First away win in Europe for Celtic in about 6 years? Tony Mowbray ftw! :biggrin:

Deserved the victory. I like Guemo (sp) and Fox-- they seem to be very promising players indeed :yep:

Good luck in the draw. I hope we don't draw you lot :erm:
Great performance - a few jitters but they're to be expected.

Donati - not that great.

Hinkel & Fox - finally, two good full-backs.

N'Guemo - amazing in the heart of midfield.

Brown - superb since coming on.

Onwards and upwards now! :biggrin: :woo:
Celtic_Anthony
Think we can do it, last week's performance certainly had promise, but we need to be ruthless tonight, a goal before half-time is, IMO, a must for us. 2-0 for me, let's hope I'm right.

C'mon eh hoops.

Quoted for posterity:biggrin:

******* chuffed, wasn't as impressed with the overall performance tonight as I was last week, but great individual performances from Fox, N'Guemo and Brown when he came on. The team is playing well, knocking the ball about with confidence. We looked far, far better with the liveliness of Brown right enough. Just need to shore up the back at crosses and get more bite in attack.

Good result and well deserved, let's hope it's a sign of things to come.
I'm very happy right now, though I have now decided that Hinkel should take every corner.

Atrocious football at times but the last 45+ where great as it seemed that Celtic had them pegged.
Reply 1185
Enough talk about our away form rubbish. We were never bad away from home we just played superior teams (who we should have lost to at home but didn't because our home form was so good). If you look at the last 2 away games in Europe we should have won: Aalborg - who we lost to by an own goal and a deflection after out-playing them so much even their own players said we should've have won, and FC Kopenhagen, when we'd already qualified. Our away form was never bad.
If we don't win away from home, then I think it is fair to say that our away form is rubbish.
Reply 1187
So getting cheated out of it in Turin and losing in Villareal because of a freekick after a dive = poor away form? No kid.
Oh wowee! Two games that we could have won out of how many? That makes great form then!

No wait, it doesn't.
Reply 1189
"oh wowee"

:rofl:

sorry!
Jim-ie
"oh wowee"

:rofl:

sorry!

:o:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8186533.stm

Haha - I think you'll have a good wee chuckle at this.
Reply 1192
Aye I seen that. Brilliant.
Our away form has only ever been poor in the CL proper. In quals we've beaten a few teams away now, Ajax springs to mind as the big guns we've dropped out. It's also very good in the UEFA. For the CL proper we should have got at least a point from games in Turin, Munich, Lyon, Manchester and Aalborg just off the top of my head. Some were our own fault, sometimes circumstances conspired against us and others were, as TOSCS said, against far superior opposition. CL proper is where our away hoodoo is.

I don't expect our home form to keep up, though. The atmosphere isn't the same as it used to be, some fans are believing it is just going to happen and are a) sitting on their hands all game and b) looking at you funny if you join in a chant (people look at me funny anyway, so I'll keep singing, weirdos). I think they think it's the grass at CP that foreign teams don't like. Or maybe Strachan is, yet again, at fault?

And Craig Bellamy, once a bhoy always a bhoy. Still disappointed in him after Black Sunday right enough but he's redeemed himself a bit there.
Reply 1194
I reckon the harder the team we draw the better we will do at home against them. We've played the worlds best there and came away with heads held high, if we draw a not so good team we tend to underestimate them or get very unlucky (Aalborg..)

Give us Arsenal and we'll send them packing back to London, until we have to go to London, gulp.

Hopefully I can get to the next CL match.
Reply 1195
finally a well deserved away win!!!

enjoyed watching the new guys, (fox and N'Guemo)

looking forward to the next round draw, not Arsenal preferably.
"Bring on the Arsenal!"

Nah, actually, please don't. Wouldn't mind Lyon right enough, now that they are minus Juninho and Benzema (*ignores Govou, Malouda, Fred, Toulalan et al*) and it would be good to get some revenge for them putting us out.

If we get Atletico, (if we can?), the atmosphere will be ******* great at Parkhead. They must be up there with Racing Club and Rapid as our most hated foreign foes.
Reply 1197
panathinaikos would make an even better atmosphere.
Reply 1198
Celtic_Anthony
If we get Atletico, (if we can?), the atmosphere will be ******* great at Parkhead. They must be up there with Racing Club and Rapid as our most hated foreign foes.

Really? Have we even played them since that game 35 years ago? We can't get them anyway, as we are both unseeded - see here for more info.

You know full well we will get Arsenal or Lyon.
Panathinaikos, please :o:

Quick Reply

Latest