The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Hubert Poo
I'm afraid flippancy like that is morally abhorrent and deserves challenging.

I agree but if I where to go through all of your posts I would not find something morally abhorrent?

Let's just chill.
Considering the number of decisions that go Celtic's way in the SPL I find it highly amusing they're calling for Eduardo's head because he cheated.

Let's not forget Nakamura's dive against St Mirren three minutes from time to win a free-kick (which he scored from), Hesselink's dive against St Mirren (again) to win a penalty, McManus punching the ball into the net (and astonishingly being given the goal) against my team, and also against my team when McManus broke one of our defender's legs with a horrendous tackle - of course, the referee didn't even talk to him about it.

No doubt the stock reply will be "ah, but those over at Ibrox (or some permutation of that) get more decisions than us".
Oh fml.

I need spectacles. I thought I was onto a winner with that post though.
ThisLittlePiggy
I agree but if I where to go through all of your posts I would not find something morally abhorrent?

Let's just chill.

I find the discussion interesting and approachable - it's quite strong, but there is no need to jump in like that or else it waters down the debate. There are issues being discussed which are not entirely pleasant and personally I think you're the one overreacting.

The comment itself was discussed freely and retracted to an extent. That shows the people concerned are capable of engaging without truly squabbling. There is a difference and I know where and when to do so thank you very much.
Gazcobain
Considering the number of decisions that go Celtic's way in the SPL I find it highly amusing they're calling for Eduardo's head because he cheated.

Let's not forget Nakamura's dive against St Mirren three minutes from time to win a free-kick (which he scored from), Hesselink's dive against St Mirren (again) to win a penalty, McManus punching the ball into the net (and astonishingly being given the goal) against my team, and also against my team when McManus broke one of our defender's legs with a horrendous tackle - of course, the referee didn't even talk to him about it.

No doubt the stock reply will be "ah, but those over at Ibrox (or some permutation of that) get more decisions than us".

Wait you mean the McManus goal where it hit his shoulder and went in?
I think I'd remember something as atrocious as a punch.

Oh btw I do remember Naka get lumps taken out of him and a rewarded free kick for his work.

Why should I care about the muck footie that they, Rangers, play?
Allthewayhome
Wait you mean the McManus goal where it hit his shoulder and went in?
I think I'd remember something as atrocious as a punch.

Oh btw I do remember Naka get lumps taken out of him and a rewarded free kick for his work.

Why should I care about the muck footie that they, Rangers, play?

It didn't hit his shoulder at all.

Nakamura did dive, you could see that he was challenged by a perfectly fair and legal shoulder challenge before dropping down like a sack of spuds.

Fair play to you on the last point, though, unlike your fellow supporter on the previous page who was quick to jump in with the "aye, but they get pure more decisions than us, so they do" patter.

Of course, I also remember the game you beat us 1-0 with an offside McDonald goal, after the referee denied us one stonewall penalty (Caldwell handball) and another one very likely (McBride getting halfed from behind).
Hubert Poo
I find the discussion interesting and approachable - it's quite strong, but there is no need to jump in like that or else it waters down the debate. There are issues being discussed which are not entirely pleasant and personally I think you're the one overreacting.

The comment itself was discussed freely and retracted to an extent. That shows the people concerned are capable of engaging without truly squabbling. There is a difference and I know where and when to do so thank you very much.

:top:

I'm glad we agree.
Interesting.

I think you should stick around TLP.
At last an accord.

Now seal the truce with spit and blood. :ninja:
Hubert Poo
Interesting.

I think you should stick around TLP.

I certainly hope so but you know how things get. Other commitments tend to supersede TSR,unfortunately.

Perhaps one day they shan't.

:moon:
You want me to go all Scottish? :p: Too far man. :awesome:

There was method behind what I was saying and I found out what I needed to know. :ninja2:
Hubert Poo

There was method behind what I was saying and I found out what I needed to know.

Likewise.The measure of a man and all that.

:p:
H&R tbh. :teeth:

:p:
Anyone know what seeds we are in the Europa Cup?

Looking to get some pishy teams to rattle in some European goals.
Reply 1394
SAME OLD ENGLISH. ALWAYS CHEATING

how embarrassing must that be? to win from a jammy goal and blatant cheating? This is why never want to join the Engli£h Pr€mi£r$hip
TOSCS

how embarrassing must that be? to win from a jammy goal and blatant cheating? This is why never want to join the Engli£h Pr€mi£r$hip

Very embarrassing, I must admit. I was very disappointed with Eduardo.

I still think we would have won, but to have won it like this certainly sours the victory.
Reply 1396
Ascient
Very embarrassing, I must admit. I was very disappointed with Eduardo.

I still think we would have won, but to have won it like this certainly sours the victory.

No doubt you deserved to win. Just the first 3 goals are annoying from a Celtic point of view. And I'd hope the penalty is annoying from everyones point of view. I was ashamed to see Eduardo do that. I hope he gets a lengthy ban (And that's despite being an Arsenal fan that wants them to win the EPL :biggrin:)

Sadly that game will only be remembered by that incident, even though the outcome was going to be the same regardless :biggrin:
Reply 1397
I was glad to see the dive (although I'm not sure if it was one, if he hadn't jumped the beast probably would've caught him.)
It's a taste of exactly what every team in Scotland has to endure against the old firm, alongside the Police inaction against the clearly bigoted/sectarian songs/chants that Celtic and Rangers fans sing.

HA HA HA.
Reply 1398
What secterian chants?

Or are you yet another bitter fan that talks out of his arse?
TOSCS

You know what TOSCs?

GTFO.

Lets just call it how it is - you're an embarrassment.

Quick Reply

Latest